World Politics

From the article:

A new WhatsApp group, “Doctors for Relocation,” is intended for sharing information about recommended immigration destinations for doctors. Also a source of information about licensing requirements and working conditions, the group quickly gained over 1,000 new members after the vote.

A brain-drain in the medical profession is bad.

8 Likes

I saw doctors online looking at what the relocation requirements would be for here. We should be so lucky. I couldn’t in all honesty recommend they come here for the poor conditions.

5 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

One month. Not 2+ years.

Geez, we do everything wrong, don’t we?

1 Like
2 Likes

He is aware that Putin isn’t a communist, right? Cause he’s not.

9 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes

Dude you have no Qur’an.

https://archive.md/me5r4

3 Likes

Remember when your Grandparents kicked Nazi asses?

If push comes to shove, we might be in need of external help in central western Europe again. Fucking fascists are sitting in the Reichstag again, and they are willing to burn it. Not yet literally, but politically, they are arsonists.

Make no mistake: in a country which prides itself with Aufarbeitung, Geschichtsarbeit and Erinnerungskultur, this is a shift which is difficult to grasp.

One thing you guys can do: keep the subject of the German far right in the public eye. Mention it sometimes, discuss with people, share opinions and thoughts. They shouldn’t be in the spotlight, but not loosing sight of them could help against surprises, and give those who try to fight them some much-needed emotional support.

11 Likes

Quick side note: for some of us, it was our parents, not our grandparents!

5 Likes
3 Likes

The headline “AfD taken over by extremist factions” is unsettling. In my mind, AfD was already an extremist faction.

6 Likes

Its Over Breakup GIF by stellar247

This has been an extremists cesspool from the beginning. However, what’s new is that they are framing themselves as a harmonious cesspool of extremists.

6 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

Portuguese article about local officials removing signs protesting sexual abuse in the catholic church before the pope’s visit

https://m80.pt/noticias/140816/jmj-cartaz-contra-abusos-sexuais-na-igreja-retirado-em-alges

(gallery of what those signs looked like on reddit)

2 Likes

sinead-pope

6 Likes