World Politics

ETA

1 Like
1 Like

Sucks of course to see it come to this again. And to know that while Israeli forces will dislocate, maim and kill far, far more Palestinians than the opposite, western media will portay it all as the fault of Palestinians, and the excessive use of Israeli force as “justified.”

4 Likes

Normally I like Nina Paley’s work, but I don’t find that a helpful framing of the issue. It’s like saying “That place has always been a site of murderous conflict, and always will be.” And that’s a form of bothsiderism that ignores the overwhelmingly genocidal actions of one side of the current conflict.

2 Likes

And It is a kind of pessimism. Nothing will change. Brother will kill brother till the end of times.

I agree… it just reifies the narrative that it’s an intractable war that’s been going on for ages, and we can’t do anything…

Yeah, and I don’t think it is, but it’s not helpful to have the current hardline government in power in Israel… and frankly, the divided nature of the Palestinian leadership doesn’t help either. Hamas and the PA are often at odds, too.

4 Likes

ETA

1 Like

ETA

ETA

1 Like

Yle source: Finnish government to make announcement on gas pipeline leak in Gulf of Finland; “not an accident”

3 Likes
6 Likes
1 Like

I can’t say I’m too shocked, given how outspoken she has been in recent years…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Old news

1 Like
4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes