World record set for “longest journey by pumpkin boat”

Originally published at: World record set for "longest journey by pumpkin boat" | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Video not available in my country. If this affects you and you can’t be arsed to launch a VPN there’s some video and photos in the story below.

It might look like fun – but you’d butternut try this at home. The 11-hour voyage appeared to take a physical toll on Hansen, who named the orange vessel Berta. “I went 38 miles down the river without standing up in that pumpkin and my knees still hurt,” Hansen said in a video posted by Reuters. “I probably won’t try this again,” he added with a smile. “If somebody breaks this record, I will bow down to them because they are tough.”

Given the state of his knees, it must have been a tight squash. (I’ll get my coat.) The story also says

It might look like fun – but you’d butternut try this at home.

(Also, The Guardian runs an informal monthly headline competition voted on by subscribers to one of its newsletters. I’m voting for the above when it comes up.)

1 Like

We’re gonna need a bigger pumpkin…

1 Like

So you can grow face-shaped pumpkins, how about boat shaped?

1 Like

As long as he didn’t try to sail the Platte..

6p-platte-river-drought-00-00-15-07-still002-1659657435

1 Like

Yeah, keep going… I’m picturing a boat-shaped pumpkin with the face of Thomas the Tank Engine in the front.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.