World's first cheese conveyor belt restaurant opens

I’m just here for the Wallace and Python references.
Nicely done.

11 Likes

Indeed - which is precisely what the headline promised us!
Am I disappointed? Not quite yet! I’ve got a nice piece of cheddar here and am slowly nibbling away at it, to keep my spirits up. :wink:

4 Likes

Praise Cheesus. I have seen the promised land and I want to to go to there.

5 Likes

“Wensleydale?”

8 Likes

12 Likes

Cheese Munger’s heaven. It’s on my cheese bucket list…

5 Likes

The restaurants in my area also make diners pass through a huge salad bar before they reach the dining room. Newbies often make the mistake of filling up on veggies and fruit, leaving less room for all that delicious Brazilian BBQ. :meat_on_bone: :yum:

4 Likes

Well, what’ve you got?

We’ve got:
Crackers and cheese,
Ham crackers,and cheese
Oatcakes grapes and cheese
Cheese, cheese baked potato and cheese
Cheese, sausage, cheese, bacon, cheese toast and cheese
Cheese,cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese crackers and cheese
or Lobster Thermidor au Crevette with a Mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and cheese.

much ado with eyebrows

He’ll have the cheese, cheese baked potato and cheese, love. I think I’m going to go for the Cheese,cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese crackers and cheese.

Crackers are off.

Ooh, can I have cheese instead.

You mean Cheese,cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese and cheese?

Yes, that is unless you have any Norwegian beaver cheese?

Well, the shop next door sometimes has some, but that is a completely different sketch.

6 Likes

We used to have a local cheese shop called ‘Who Cut the Cheese’. They had an incredible variety for being back of Bourke, and they were far closer than Whole Foods. I miss them.

Every 5th plate in the conveyor should be a different type of cracker or pairing to accompany the cheese: fresh grapes, fruit juice, RyKrisps, Stone ground sesame crackers, thin baguette slices, cocktail loaf, etc.

3 Likes

Conveyer belts aren’t artisanal.

2 Likes

Disappointingly, it sounded like there was very scant provision of crackers or bread, just cheese and an accompaniment. I’d definitely want some tasty varieties of bread or cracker to have with my cheese. I wonder if they’d object to people bringing ther own?

2 Likes

I’m eating cheese right now!

(Double Gloucester, if you must know.)

4 Likes

Came for …
Thanks for posting.
Leaving relieved that someone else posted the cheese shop sketch.

1 Like

Was also me (Python)… I’m a one stop shop today, I guess! :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah… and then you managed to post the Wensleydale cheese from Wallace and Gromit so as far as I am concerned, everything that’s worth mentioning about the Platonic Ideal of Cheese has been ably covered by you.

3 Likes

Huh.
Eating it.
Well, yeah I guess that is one thing a person can do with that cheese…

2 Likes
3 Likes

Just what I was hoping for from the 21st Century. Who needs flying cars?

2 Likes

Evidently this guy

3 Likes

He was coming from a bar, so maybe the amount of wastage involved wouldn’t have been mitigated by flying.

1 Like