World's first cheese conveyor belt restaurant opens

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/13/worlds-first-cheese-conveyor.html

9 Likes

Mmm.

I haven’t tried the restaurant but I can recommend Baron Bigod if you like a brie type cheese.

4 Likes

I guess Wallace & Gromit will be there in a New York minute. Maybe they designed the Heath Robinson mechanism, come to think of it.

14 Likes

So, not a conveyor belt made of cheese? Another dream deferred. Sigh.

17 Likes

I think those seats are made of cheese.

8 Likes

I know there’s so many problems with conveyor belt sushi…but realistically I can’t think of a more perfect setup for food and I want everying served conveyor belt style. Burgers. Tapas. Uh…ice cream? I dunno man, it’s just so great to be like ‘hey, I want that!’ and grabbing something off the belt.

Why settle for a cheesy conveyor belt or chairs… let’s just make the entire building of cheese and be done with it.

9 Likes

What you say with irony I say with conviction, my good fellow commenter!

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

What, you don’t think I’d be right there, tearing off hunks of load bearing walls, too? I would indeed!

wallace-grommit-cheese-moon

17 Likes

Then it would just be another Trump Tower. (Sorry to bring the thread down.)

And @Michael_Black, West Wallaby Street, Wigan to Seven Dials, London would be a long and wholly unnecessary trip merely to get a good Wensleydale

Though his preference for the Yorkshire Wensleydale over a local Lancashire, has always puzzled me.

I did grab some footage of the cheese conveyor belt Mark 1 under construction, though.

13 Likes

Yeah, yeah, you did! Thanks for ruining out cheesy dreams with an entirely unnecessary comparison…

I bet you don’t even HAVE any cheese in this cheese shop, do you? After I curtailed my walpoling activities and everything.

18 Likes

What’s considerably worse is that no matter how many times you watch it and no matter how closely you look, you can never see a conveyor belt, either!

3 Likes

Certainly not one made of cheese!

5 Likes

“Go on. . . . . .” -Horde of Mice, Probably

6 Likes

Not to be done with fondue

2 Likes

The only problem I ever have with conveyor belt sushi is the same one I have with all you can eat Brazilian barbecue.

They always load up on the cheap mediocre stuff and you are waiting forever for the desirable ones (unless they do special order).

3 Likes

Plus unless you are first in line, you have to watch as other people grab the plate that you want over and over again.

3 Likes

Can i get one of these installed at my place?

2 Likes

Me after eating there…

9 Likes

Wisconsin must be fuming right about now; “Cheese conveyor belt restaurant? Why the hell didn’t WE think of that!?!?”

4 Likes