"Worst ever" air rage passenger jailed for drunken rampage

[Read the post]

I was really tempted to make some kind of joke about the 9/11 hijackers being worse air rage passengers, but I just donā€™t have the energy to come up with something clever.

10 Likes

Iā€™m absolutely shocked that Gerard Finneranā€™s obituary over at the New York Times makes no mention of his aerial cart shitting adventures. But then, it was a paid noticeā€¦ still, would have been easy to slip in there. ā€œā€¦he enjoyed golf, tennis and paddle tennis. Plus he could shit on a drink cart like a pro.ā€

On a more sober noteā€¦ he died from Alzheimerā€™s around 10 years after dropping a deuce on the cart. I wonder if he was already experiencing symptoms back then, which made his drunkeness truly epic.

9 Likes

Verily, the first thing I thought of when I read the headline was, ā€œDid someone manage to top the guy who defecated on the cart?ā€

The question now arises: did Mr. Finneran ever do something like that again? I half-expect to learn that he has since given a TED talk on the nature of air rage, or something.

5 Likes

I had a guy a rows behind me get pretty hammered and decided to start kicking at the window. While a few of us helped the cabin crew with some muscle to deal with the guy, our efforts to restrain him were actually pretty civilized. Post 9/11, I imagine youā€™d have a conga line of people ready to help beat the shit out of him.

5 Likes

Of course, using the economy class loos was completely out of the question. What, shit with the peasants?

9 Likes

I know it might not be a popular suggestion, but Iā€™d be perfectly Ƨool with no booze on flights. If an airline advertised that they were doing that, itā€™d be a tick in their favour.
IMHO.

5 Likes

He says his hobbies are, ā€œgolf, tennis and defecating on airplane food trolliesā€. Ooh that didnā€™t go down well. Golf is not popular round these parts.

2 Likes

The Aristocrats!

15 Likes

Itā€™s a paid death notice. You donā€™t pay for insults, unless youā€™re into that sort of thing.

Thatā€™s ok, I was just going to say some dumb stuff about ā€œflying off the handleā€, but I couldnā€™t muster up a decent setup/punchline.

Iā€™m pretty sure lots of people have weathered Alzheimerā€™s without afflicting others in the manner described

2 Likes

You know the worst thing about these people is they always get awarded worst ever status by the use of performance enhancing rage drugs - mainly alcohol. Alcohol often is used in the various air games events as a performance enhancer because of itā€™s ready availability in venue, which I think makes it even more of a crutch - my entry of telling a 6 year old to shut the hell up and stop kicking my seat last year had absolutely no chance of placing just because I donā€™t drink, and as a consequence I didnā€™t think to run up and down the aisle peeing on people.

Frankly, the whole air games industry is corrupt, and needs to be cleaned up, although I canā€™t help but think how great it would be if next yearā€™s entrant won using LSD or something a little bit more edgy than just booze. .

5 Likes

I donā€™t think Alzheimers is generally the sort of thing one ā€˜weathersā€™.

Wow, the Finneran guy truly left his mark on history. Bravo. I know of dogs that are better behaved.

ā€œā€¦couldnā€™t use the first-class lavatories because they had been barricaded by assistants to the president of Portugal, who was also on the flight.ā€ Really? REALLY? This in itself I find jaw-dropping - that a private passengerā€™s goon force can do something like this, presumably with the airlineā€™s connivance.

1 Like

Isnā€™t the appropriate thing todo in those circumstances: defecate on the President of Portugal or his assistants rather than on the beverage cart.

1 Like

Nope, only Germanyā€™s chancellor is permitted to do so, and only if she is into it*.

*And yes, she is into it.

1 Like

The current Portuguese president is a conservative and tried to block a government lead by a left coalition that won the parliamentary election in October.

Merkel is quite happy with Anibal Cavaco Silva who said a left government would be bad for the economy and stopping the bleeding to death austerity program would be a national security crisis (lolwut?).

3 Likes

I guess thereā€™s a reason thatā€™s called a ā€˜Brutal Hammerā€™.