Wrapped: magical short film about mutant monster ivy that engulfs New York City

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Give me a shout when they have one of New Jersey being wrapped in green, Iā€™ll grab some popcorn for that.

4 Likes

Batman takes one day off and that crazy redhead has a damn field day.

12 Likes

Any fans of classic science fiction out there who like this idea, try and scrounge up a copy of Ward Mooreā€™s novel Greener Than You Think.

1 Like

Ivy; Ivy, everywhereā€¦

3 Likes

Very nice, although I donā€™t like the ā€˜aggressiveā€™ explosion, destructive thing at the end, point could have been made by still taking it ā€˜slowā€™. Thanks, missed that one.
Remembers me about a ā€˜photo-serieā€™ seen a while ago (2008 or something) about what happens to cities when left by man. How fast they will be overgrown.
Canā€™t find it, anybody?

1 Like

maybe this TV series?

5 Likes

Thanks. Maybe, I canā€™t remember being it a series and only do remember the green. But memoriesā€¦ Have had a while a background of a nearly completely overgrown city. :wink:

So it just killed everybody? Just like it killed mousie? I think Iā€™m going to cry.

Wait, then who was playing those violins?

3 Likes

Itā€™s not the specific thing youā€™re asking for, but anything on Artificial Owl with a ā€œDetroitā€ tag oughta do it. http://www.artificialowl.net/2008/09/abandoned-detroit-public-schools-book.html That whole site should be much more popular than it is.

Also, yeah, the explosions were a bit on the nose, but they were well rendered, so I liked them.

Seriously, check this site out. Itā€™s got all kinds of really interesting stuff from around the globe.

2 Likes

Seems a great site, thanks.
Do you know this one? Abandoned places

1 Like

Looks like the Wumps have become moreā€¦assertive in their technique

3 Likes

Kudzuā€¦

7 Likes

Itā€™s at Project Gutenberg.

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/24246

Art must survive.

2 Likes

10 Likes

2 Likes

For fans of shlocky horror of the 80ā€™s there is also the segment from the film Creepshow, ā€œThe Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrillā€

Which not only features malevolent moss, but also demonstrates a compelling reason why Stephen King did not have an acting career to speak of.

1 Like

Also Kudzu but irrelevant

3 Likes

You ever get the feeling that comic book artists are:

1. Sexually frustrated
  2. Ignorant as to female human anatomy and how it actually works.
2 Likes