Wyld Stallyns speak from the Hollywood Bowl

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/20/wyld-stallyns-speak-from-the-h.html

5 Likes

I miss George Carlin. :cry:

27 Likes

They’ve gotten so old… which means… I’ve gotten so old… oh nooo. But with good writing I think this could be a really fun (although surely not academy award winning) movie. Ha.

16 Likes

This reminds me of when Boondock Saints 2 came out. I didn’t even recognize Sean Patrick Flanery and wondered if they’d gotten a different actor to play the character.

4 Likes

Oh hell yeah. I just marked my calendar “April 20, 2020. Wyld Stallyns bring peace to earth and the universes.”
4.20 2020 is gonna be a hoot!
Music will bring together warring factions not just here on earth but to the galaxies and beyond.
Party on!

10 Likes

They seem like nice, genuine people. Excellent!

5 Likes

They still have the chemistry that made their first movie so much fun.

3 Likes

I’m being excellent right now.

17 Likes

It would be cool if there was another Les Claypool cameo.

3 Likes

Reminds me of when The Force Awakens came out and a bunch of assholes were livid that Carrie Fisher had the gall to look like an older woman instead of a hot woman in her early 20s.

11 Likes

They do have a time machine …

In the meantime, enjoy some of his, uh, classic work? NSFW.

5 Likes

I think the general consensus is that Keanu’s doing just fine in the aging department.

5 Likes

Not a comment on how well they’ve aged. Just the fact that they’ve aged. I know it’s obvious, but having been born in 1977 myself the cast of star wars were already adults and so it seemed natural for me personally that they’ve aged. In this case, these guys are much closer to my generation so it hits home. - especially Alex whom I haven’t really seen since the 90s. But yes they looks fine. I’m not trying to be a judgey jerk about it.

3 Likes

Wyld Stallyns will never die. Just multiply.

3 Likes

I think those other Wyld Stallyns were actually just evil robots.

6 Likes

Faaak. This just threw me back to a place were everything was still fun and games. Before life happened.
My best friend died of cancer, another very close friend the year after. Both before hitting forty. We
need those larger than life concepts in movies, books, songs, art in general. And we need faaaking time machines.
Faaak.

6 Likes

I don’t care but Keanu is still walking fresh fuck. I don’t know who gets a piece of that every day but I hate them.

1 Like

Wonderful to see them together.

3 Likes

Yeah, It is jarring to see them aged and part of this is this video is outside a makeup room so that is just raw them. I gotta say, I and probably most people here would totally do Keanu. Man, he aged well.

HotFlash

4 Likes

Time is an illusion. I am still sixteen.

4 Likes