X-Men line-up decade-by-decade

Ten. Treehouse of horror is non-canon. Word of god says so.

2 Likes

Mimic, who had the power to copy everyone else’s powers at once. (Seen here copying Angel’s wings, Beast’s muscles, and Cyclops’ stupid glasses.) He was on the team for, IIRC, two issues before somebody realized that that was fucking stupid and depowered him.

(“Archangel before he got metal wings” was just Angel, who is also in that picture. Eventually “flight” lost credibility as a sole power, so he had to be upgraded with deadly blades, which were very in at the time.)

Incorrect. Def Leppard has Longshot hair.

What I don’t get is, how they hell do they have Leech but not Artie? That’s like Costello but not Abbott.

4 Likes

Now for some reason I’m remembering the period where the original X-Men (Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Angel, Iceman) decided that it would really help mutant rights and acceptance if they pretended to be two different groups: the X-Terminators, who used their regular costumes and powers and claimed to be mutant freedom fighters, and X-Factor, claiming to be non-powered mutant-hunters for hire, who hunted down and “captured” other mutants with a “backpack force field projector” (actually Jean’s telekinesis and a nonfunctional disguise for Angel’s wings), and then brought them back to their secret base and gave them a nice place to stay where non-mutants wouldn’t harass them.

After a depressingly long while, they suddenly realized that this was really fucking stupid and started wondering who came up with such a dumbass idea in the first place, and remembered that It was their buddy Cameron Hodge, who turned out to secretly be a genocidal mutant-hating fanatic. OOPS.

Eventually Archangel decapitated him, but he survived because he’d sold his soul to a demon, and he got his head bolted to a sweet-ass giant spidersquidsnakemech that no one could ever draw the same way twice, and tried to…you know what, never mind, I’d be here all night.

8 Likes

You know what? That sounds like an AWESOME idea.

X-Retirement, with base in Florida, is the headquarters of the X-Men retirement and nursing facilitie, here, super powered nurses attend retired X-Men and some Avengers too.

Cap America and Hawkeye are already old men in the new Marvel continuity, so why no?

-It’s that you Bucky?
-Niet, it’s me, Colossus.
-You have lost another arm, Bucky, you should be more careful!
-Sigh… Da Mister Rogers, now eat your soup.

On a second thought… it sounds a bit sad…

3 Likes

Well, I was more concerned with how to contain an Alzheimer’s retiree who is also quite dangerous. I mean, the board won’t allow you to strap 'em to a chair, right?

2 Likes

There is an Old Man Logan story with an old Hawkeye and and old pacifist Wolverine go on a road trip across a post-apocalyptic US that’s ruled by villains.

3 Likes

And, as with many artistic things, the 70s probably had the best and the 80s are rightfully paid less attention to.

2 Likes

They covered that a bit in Uncanny X-Men #200 (1985) “The Trial Of Magneto”. He had been de-aged by Alpha the UItimate Mutant, and when he was re-aged again he was restored to his early 30s. That would still make him 60, but I’m sure there have been other fixes to that problem since then.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.