X-Wing fighter lands at the Smithsonian museum

What about Egyptian Mummies in Ceramics?

2 Likes

The SR-72 was a research project into stopped rotor flight.
The auxiliary wings were there only for testing. The main rotors are an elliptical airfoil with leading and trailing slots to blow air through. This would “extend” the trailing edge of the wing to have act as a standard airfoil. The housing just under the the rotors had a set of valves that would regulate the airflow to the slots based on the orientation trailing edge on rotating, and switching airflow as needed when rotors are stopped. Everything works, there just isnt any materials strong enough to prevent the airfoils from peeling back in flight. Maybe one day soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And Star Trek is a paragon of scientific accuracy. For example, Vulcans have copper-based blood like hermit crabs and are therefore not even mammalian, yet somehow can have children with humans? And the whole mind meld thing is as absurd as the Force. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a Star Trek fan, but I know that it really is just an excuse for making analogies for our society rather than a serious work about space or the future.

2 Likes

Agreed. A correction to that would be near impossible, given what must be restored… somehow.

1 Like

I want to see an X-Wing from the original Star Wars with proper paint scheme, not this goofy orange thing from Disney.

Decades after taking down the Empire, it’s depressing to know the rebellion screwed everything up so badly they ended up worse off than before. Maybe they shouldn’t be in charge of anything? At least the Empire/First Order seems to get things done. Also Luke Skywalker wins the prize for worst babysitter ever. Or would that be Anakin? Anyway the takeaway seems to be: Never let a Jedi watch your kids.

2 Likes

What’s next, flying triangles and hovering orbs! Hmph! Kidding, I think it’s kinda neat. It will draw a different crowd, when drawing crowds becomes acceptable again.

But I don’t want cheese. Not before breakfast, anyway.

1 Like

Giant monkey-powered bipedal bird suit belongs in a museum!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.