Anyone want to buy a full-size Star Wars X-Wing?

Originally published at: Anyone want to buy a full-size Star Wars X-Wing? | Boing Boing

8 Likes

I just checked with my wife, I do not.

24 Likes

It’s too clean. All the Rebel X-Wings look scruffy and beat on, like they’ve been around for parsecs, without seeing a fighter wash.

8 Likes

This is a conspiracy to trick me into revealing details of my lukewarm fusion project, isn’t it.

4 Likes

“No lowballers, I know what I got.”

5 Likes

Yes, I very much want to buy an X-Wing.

19 Likes

I saw a fleet of clean ones once. Of course, they were the newfangled T-70 models.

Maybe the seller would have more luck if he threw in an Astromech droid. The thing looks naked without one.

4 Likes

Hm. Andor prison stripes on that X-Wing.

a-cesspool-of-contempt-1666798110

1 Like

Perhaps I’d prefer a Y-Wing, but they hardly ever showed them so I’m not sure.

3 Likes

They’re pretty rare considering how many were lost in WWII.

16 Likes

I’d like to see someone take a crack at building a B-wing just because I’m really curious how you park one of those on the ground. (Or maybe they were exclusively space-based fighters and couldn’t land?)

1 Like

8 Likes

If ever an avatar matched a post!

(i want one, too).

6 Likes

“Location: Dagobah Swamp. Removal is buyer’s responsibility”

15 Likes

An early variant was featured more in The Clone Wars, if you have access to DVDs or Disney+. R2-D2 and C-3PO went around in one in Nomad Droids, if you just want a single episode. Otherwise, if you think jumping back and forth would not be appealing to you, here’s a chronological watch order.

Double points for you.

7 Likes

B-wing is like expert tier to replicate I’d bet. Newbies should start with replicating something like a Snowspeeder or an A-wing due to overall smaller size.

Edit: About them landing: the smaller wings can fold in.

7 Likes

I love that the guy emigrated from Georgia to Georgia!

6 Likes

Now I have the song running in my mind.

“X-Wing fighter for sale…
X-Wing fighter for sa…a…ale”

I like it.

1 Like

Has the owner posted a cold start video yet?