Xenophobic UK politician ranting about "political correctness" gets a public spanking from an historian

Just to put a face on things, since that too is a matter of public record. This photo also seems to establish that he is properly and securely white (I wonder if UKIP would even have him otherwise?)

http://www.ukiptelfordandwrekin.org.uk/councillors/stuart-parr/

3 Likes

Well, that takes care of the questions in my last post, then :smiley:

1 Like

Patrick Stewart playing a young Danish Prince speaking english? Oh my, why I do believe I am coming down with a case of the vapors…

6 Likes

The National Game of Canada is made in the USA? Troubling.

6 Likes

Mirror mirror, on the wall.

Yes.

11 Likes

We’re stealing their jobs!

SORRY.

5 Likes

Look closer: it’s the United States of A Banana

10 Likes

Oh, Gods… does this mean that I have to put up with people spelling “psych” as “sike” on the internets now?

Just look at it closer!

4 Likes

I just saw that on his blog, Councillor Parr posts without comment, and no doubt approvingly, the recent bit of elitist agitprop, Brexit: The Movie. I then enjoyed this review of it (which explains why I would very much not enjoy watching it).

The film is more evidence, it seems, that entrenched British elites know just as well as those in the US do how to direct the attention of the masses away from themselves and their exploitative power, and onto (darker) supposedly threatening others.

5 Likes

Of course they are talking about the Council and the Commission who were never to be found on any ballot they cast, in stark contrast to the UK cabinet.

4 Likes

Yes! I can’t wait!!!

8 Likes

I just remembered am going to a glass melting, so it might be late eve…

4 Likes

Can I just state, for the record, that even more so than the habit of throwing “-gate” at the end of any controversy, that “Brexit” is my most despised made up word ever…

Brexitgate?

9 Likes

Actually the House of Anjou had serious relations to nowadays Italy (Naples, Sicily). So a darker, more mediterranean complexion isn’t entirely unreasonable.

8 Likes

Indeed. And wonkstain and Cllr Wood are going to be even less happy when they hear about The Merchant of Venice, As You Like It, Twelfth Night, The Two Gentlemen of Verona, Cymbeline, The Taming of the Shrew, and The Merry Wives of Windsor.

Are we sure Shakespeare wasn’t … French?

3 Likes

Oh my gawd, that was hilarious.

15 Likes

You can object to the idea that UKIP is a racist party all you want, but is your point that it is absurd to think there might be 3.9M or more racist voting-age people in Britain?

13 Likes

And no Chinese food in China…except there is.