Rep. Marjorie Taylor Green's Q-Anon caucus fizzles when exposed to light

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/04/19/rep-marjorie-taylor-greens-q-anon-caucus-fizzles-when-exposed-to-light.html

10 Likes

apparently the flyer said “common respect for uniquely anglo-saxton traditions”

wow, they weren’t even pretending to hide it

37 Likes

Or that they understand anything at all about “Anglo Saxon culture”.

37 Likes

Anglo-Saxon culture:

The Anglo-Saxons were a cultural group who inhabited England. They traced their origins to the 5th century settlement of incomers to Britain, who migrated to the island from the North Sea coastlands of mainland Europe. However, the ethnogenesis of the Anglo-Saxons occurred within Britain, and the identity was not merely directly imported. The development of an Anglo-Saxon identity arose from the interaction between incoming groups of people from a number of Germanic tribes, both amongst themselves, and with indigenous British groups.

So, basically a bunch of immigrants who created a melting pot with the locals to create a new culture.

Are you sure that’s what you are expounding, Marjorie?

48 Likes

They were looking for another word meaning Aryan.

45 Likes

“Anglo-Saxon” = White for people that don’t want to include those swarthy Mediterraneans in the club.

39 Likes

I guess Anglo-Saxon can go back in the drawer beside Alt-Right.

23 Likes

Or Welsh, Scots, Irish, Norwegians, Normans…

32 Likes

And then that culture was later ruined by immigrants. When the Normans sent their people, they didn’t send their best. They brought the feudal system. They brought taxes. And some, I assume, were good people.

43 Likes

Oh … so it’s the Normans she wants to prevent coming to America.
I get it, now.
/s

20 Likes

Are they Celtic inclusive or Celtic exclusive Anglo-Saxons?

23 Likes

I was impressed to see Rep Paul Gosar as the other would-be leader of this Ku Klux Kaucus. Whose grandparents were Slovenes. Does he really think that he would count as ‘honorary white’?

18 Likes

To the Mead-halls!

13 Likes

Which entered popular usage under similarly history-averse circumstances.

25 Likes

Anglo-Saxon Attitudes.

16 Likes

Those Charlottesville thugs weren’t Nazis, they were Anglo-Saxons chanting “Jutes will not replace us!”

28 Likes

That and the group didn’t have enough money to buy tinfoil to make that many hats.

8 Likes

If the Normans take over, it’ll be Domesday!

25 Likes

35 Likes

Racist Troll Caucus fails to catch on

13 Likes