You can call me AI

rubber duck debugging

Odd. I swear I remember the origin (an origin) of that story being a Toronto shop (Alias?) with a rubber duck on the break room water cooler, and you weren’t allowed to ask a colleague a programming question until you had talked to the duck. :thinking: OT … misty memory time…

1 Like
6 Likes

9 Likes

think-thought

3 Likes

And now I’m thinking, why are the first three bullet points capitalized, and the last one isn’t?

2 Likes

Because the meme maker is a fucking weirdo? tophat-biggrin

ETA:
They also made this one:
olives

9 Likes
2 Likes

I am allergic to them. I’d certainly regret eating half a kilo of olives!

(at least I would not have to go to work the next day…)

3 Likes

Please do not eat 30 to 40 olives!
jaw

7 Likes

I will keep to my bread and goat cheese for those filler nights, then :laughing:

(I wanted to put an ai-generated meme here, but seems it requires login, and I don’t want to give information to these pages)

ETA: I Made one with memegenerator. Not AI but still random.

6 Likes

from

9 Likes

Likes charge; reblogs cast.

1 Like

I’m not sure what “AI” anything has to do with “boomers,” but whatever makes that horrid shit die faster so that it consumes less finite resources is fine by me.

7 Likes

At this point boomer is used as “any of the older generation”, as much as millenial was thrown around applying to anything from genexers to zoomers, as long as they were younger than the one saying it.

Furthermore, I think at this point these are being thrown for qualities other than age: Like boomer as someone who’s disconnected from modern trends and usually doesn’t know how to use tech or uses it in the wrong ways (among other things, I will not claim to fully understand what is going on on these young people minds :laughing: )

6 Likes

Oh my God, he’s starting to look like Peter Maffay.

2 Likes

so you want inane LLM babble at the press of a button to convey the impression of a “friend” interacting with you.

It’s like a Furby without the fur.

Your plastic pal who’s fun to be with.

9 Likes

“A bunch of mindless jerks who’ll be first against the wall when the revolution comes” is seeming more and more prescient, too.

7 Likes

I usually read boomer as “corny,”

Yeah, i think “mawkishly sentimental” characterizes a lot of AI art I’ve seem lately. It’s not fresh, it’s corny.

Something else that is mawkishly sentimental: boomers’ (not all of you!) longing for an idealized past that lends so much force behind this “make America great again” garbage. And i don’t think it’s coincidence that every single Republican presidential candidate I’ve ever voted against has been corny. just look at them all!

5 Likes
1 Like

Episode 1 Premiere GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

:notes:I’m a boomer, you’re a boomer, she’s a boomer, he’s a boomer… wouldn’t you like to be a boomer, too… :notes: You WILL, because we all age! Muwahahahah…

Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

6 Likes