You can call me AI

Finally, a positive use for AI!

Been playing with a free new tool from the folks at Unit 221B that uses AI to read news stories or watch Youtube videos and give them a bias or “spin” score, based on a number of criteria (bias, fallacy, misleading info).

One potentially cool thing about this tool is that you can feed it a story you’ve written (but not published yet) to see if it contains any of those criteria. It even has an option to read a “bias-free” version of the story you’ve submitted, which alters the text in an attempt to temper or remove those biases.

The one downside is it can take some time to process a story and tell you what it thinks of it. Here are some links to Spin Score’s analyses on different stories that came across my feed here today or that showed up on Youtube front today.
[links]

But you have to trust its biases. :thinking:

6 Likes

I think we already have entities that can watch YouTube, read your stories and give you their opinions on the content of them.

5 Likes

no. just “useful” as in “fucking lazy” and “I dont like to think for myself”.

1 Like

the Butlerian Jihad is a conflict taking place over 11,000 years in the future, which results in the total destruction of virtually all forms of "computers, thinking machines, and conscious robots. With the prohibition “Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind,” the creation of even the simplest thinking machines is outlawed and made taboo, which has a profound influence on the socio-political and technological development of humanity in the Dune series

5 Likes
4 Likes

Weighing Options Are You Sure GIF

5 Likes

another useless “solution” for a non-existing problem to drive market-shares.

1 Like

If the problem is driving market shares, which it is, then it’s a useful solution. At least, briefly.

2 Likes

5 Likes

It should be opt in.

5 Likes

I wonder how often what’s searching for deletable AI content gets fooled by AI content. :weary:

3 Likes

Oh absolutely, I agree. But until then, this might help…

Good question.

4 Likes

I don’t think AI tools are particularly good at detecting AI content. Indeed they would most likely be the worst at it (in terms of adversarial training data!).

Almost certainly this is just a blocklist like the one shared here the other day. Not AI images, but sites devoted to AI images being deprecated. I have no knowledge of how they actually do it but it would be a real surprise if that wasn’t it.

4 Likes

Beavis And Butthead Eating GIF by Paramount+

4 Likes
3 Likes

Handy if you need to bring your motorcycle to the dance club

5 Likes

A homage to Bianca Jagger at Studio 54.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Babies/toddlers can understand their parents’ emotions far better than any current LLM. In fact,this emotional understanding is nearly impossible for an LLM, which is simply a large language model. Humans still have many capabilities that LLM lack. Let’s remember AI’s limitations despite the hype

5 Likes