You can climb on giant Little Debbie snack sculptures at this park in Tennessee

Originally published at: You can climb on giant Little Debbie snack sculptures at this park in Tennessee - Boing Boing

8 Likes

This seems like a park where one can walk like a camel.

with pointed boots

4 Likes

AWESOME! I’m introducing a whole younger generation in my family to L.D. swiss rolls- frozen and sliced over ice cream like grandma used to make. LOL.:grin:

10 Likes

Ew Wtf GIF by Married At First Sight
Don’t like Little Debbie…

1 Like

Little Debbie, Little Debbie, Little Debbie

2 Likes

Someone at my office left the Christmas Tree snacks in our kitchen; so much of a reminder of childhood. Some heroes are anonymous.

3 Likes

I was ALL ABOUT the swiss rolls and the brownies when I was a kid. My Mom would regularly put one of either in my lunchbox. The swiss rolls could be unrolled into sheets of creme-covered cake if one was careful. And the texture of the chopped nuts embedded in the stiff frosting of the brownies was unique - I’ve never run across another brand that could replicate it.

3 Likes

Pretty subtle. Not to be a corporate shill, but I’d like to see huge versions of everything. Climb inside large. A Swiss Roll slide/playhouse.

1 Like

Wouldn’t giant Little Debbie just be Debbie?

6 Likes
2 Likes

I have mixed feelings on this. I agree with the sentiments of the other posters, Little Debbie snacks were a large part of my childhood. Even as an adult I buy the occasional box of Swiss cake rolls. It’s nice that McKee Foods gave the 10 acres to the city, but was it really necessary to turn it into what amount an advertisement for fairly unhealthy dessert snacks?

I grew up in Winston-Salem, NC, home to Reynolds Tobacco. Younger generations seem repulsed by the idea of corporate sponsorship by big tobacco. Nascar and big tobacco were a very big thing during the 80’s/90’s. You can go down the path of cover up and downplaying how bad tobacco is for you by the companies, but it’s not like we don’t have some idea how bad copious amount of sugar is for you as well. I have no problem with Little Debbie or big tobacco existing and selling products, people can make their choice. It just seems a little corporate markety in this situation.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.