You can help decide the next Girl Scout Cookie Mascot: will it be a bison, ferret, bat, or mountain goat?

Originally published at: You can help decide the next Girl Scout Cookie Mascot: will it be a bison, ferret, bat, or mountain goat? | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Though ironically not actual goats:

Despite its vernacular name and both genera being in the same subfamily (Caprinae), the mountain goat is not a member of Capra , the genus that includes all true goats (such as the wild goat (Capra aegagrus ), from which the domestic goat is derived)

5 Likes

You know I literally just saw a meme that listed the mountain goat as not a goat yesterday. Weird synchronicity.

6 Likes

13 Likes

Ferret Dancing Animal GIF by TikTok

Team ferret.

9 Likes

Given how evil sugar is, they gotta take Baphomet.

5 Likes

Bison Rolling GIF by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

5 Likes

torn between the bison and the ferret!
i also feel vaguely creepy about the goat… for reasons

5 Likes

Ferrety McFerretFace. The answer to all internet naming polls.

2 Likes

I wanna see a cartoon bat wearing a Girl Scout beret, because that would be too cute. If that’s not part of the mascot process, what is this even about?

5 Likes

Guides_BruGuides1

images

6 Likes

Bison, because like bisons Girl Scouts are a class of mammals people seem to routinely assume are harmless and can be causally harassed. Then they find out.

9 Likes

Serious business

4 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

3 Likes

There have been many instances where mountain goats have developed such a taste for human urine and sweat that they have started to cause problems.

In 2017, more than 300 mountain goats were airlifted from Olympic National Park in Washington to forests in the North Cascades due to them becoming a nuisance near heavily trafficked tourist areas.

Oh the internet. I went looking for fun animal facts about mountain goats and the internet did not disappoint.

3 Likes

Who did that art?

1 Like

N American bats eat mosquitos. Lots and lots of them.

Bats rule.

7 Likes

That is from Starstruck, drawn by Michael Kaluta. :+1:

I know the Guides won’t use Australian bats, but the bats in Sydney are worth the trip by themselves. They’re almost the size of a seagull.

source

2 Likes