You can own a piece of the royalties to 3 Misfits albums

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/05/you-can-own-a-piece-of-the-roy.html

3 Likes

That’s not a bad ROI.

2 Likes

Hope that the band members themselves get said rights, would rather see them get paid than someone else.

2 Likes

If you’re going to slot in ads so voluminously among the posts, probably best not start a post title with “You can own” if you want your content read.

3 Likes

Since UK Police called them “walking corpses” and “unholy living dead” way back in 1986, there could be some interesting legal twists to the “life of author + 70 years” clause.

1 Like

They do get paid upfront.

David Bowie (not surprisingly) was the innovative felllow on this:

1 Like

But doesn’t seem like they entirely own all of it is what i mean, i would hope they’re trying to buy back the rights that are on sale. Seems scummy to me that people can buy up rights to something they had no involvement in and make money but such is capitalism.

Maybe, but it’s an unalloyed good that someone can sell a stream of cash for a lump sum payment up front because that might be more useful to the seller.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.