"You f*cking nazi pig” Actor Ron Perlman doesn’t particularly care for Ron DeSantis

I found him very convincing in Name of the Rose.

15 Likes

Amen!

Amen to the Right Hand of Doom usage and Mike Mignola

11 Likes

Naturally the Tone Police had to jump in and inform him that (a) he hadn’t read the bill [narrator: pretty sure he did], (b) civility! (Because his anger is invalid.)

The number of people claiming that he hadn’t read it is balanced by the people citing specific sections of the bill. :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

I haven’t seen that one.

My Favorite Ron Perlman movie - hands down: The City of Lost Children.

A wonderful, weird movie. And Alien Resurrection is a good tonal followup as the same director and several of the same actors are used in it.

14 Likes

Republicans first. Until then, fuck right off a short pier. Then keep on fucking off right into the Mariana Trench.

12 Likes

I have actually tried this with conservatives in my circle on several different hot button issues. The problem is it doesn’t work because they lie to themselves about why they believe these things. They say it’s about God or it’s unnatural or whatever, and you get to a dead end. However really it’s just that they think gay men (and it’s always only men they care about) are icky. That’s it. Usually because of repressed homosexual feelings they may have themselves that were repressed into the deepest of shame holes when they were little.

Without that emotional introspective work being done from them, you’re never going to connect with reason. You can’t reason someone out of a position that they didn’t reason themselves into.

14 Likes

The casting, costumes, sets and props in The City of List Children are wonderful. Have you seen Delicatessen, also directed by Marc Caro and Jean-Pierre Jeunet? It is another absurd, horror/comedy with a great sense of design.

7 Likes

That’s what I said!

12 Likes

I have not - I know I need to. I know I need to watch Amelie… I love City of Lost Children so much I am afraid of being let down by the other two…

2 Likes

I’d say that Amelie is definitely more mainstream and conventional than City of Lost Children; though still fun and engaging. Delicatessen is more a rough-sketch for what would become City of Lost Children. It features cannibalism and a basement full of snails, so it is very Gallic.

4 Likes

The French are known for cannibalism!?!? TIL

5 Likes

They are known for their great taste in food.

2 Likes

That sad whiny idiot doesn’t understand that the fucking swearwords are part of the fucking point.

12 Likes

Don’t forget A Very Long Engagement!

Though it’s an adaptation, not straight out of Jeunet’s mind.

7 Likes

Yeah, oddly enough I’m not willing to be civil with people that want me dead. I’m just stubborn that way, I guess.

21 Likes

I have been a fan of Ron Perlman for many a long year. Now I bloody love him.

7 Likes

I don’t think that he’s really misunderstanding, he’s protecting the sacred thinkline from variant thought.

3 Likes

WTF is ‘Gad Saad’? Never heard of him. Hmmm…
A website of his…
Dr. Gad Saad is a professor, evolutionary behavioral scientist, and author who pioneered the use of evolutionary psychology in marketing and consumer behavior.
Marketing…
Marketing… Sales is Applied Marketing, & I don’t like salesdroids
And he used the C Word. He could have used a less derogatory term, such as ‘Customer’…

He assumes Perlman didn’t read the bill, and is just ranting for no justifiable reason. Cute.

One would thnk that a ‘behavioural scientist’ would understand that civility to the uncivil is viewed as weakness, & will be cheerfully ignored by the uncivil.
Besides, aren’t butthurt FDCists the first to scream about ‘incivility’?

One would thnk that a ‘behavioural scientist’ would understand that mild words & rational arguments are viewed by psychopaths as unworthy of consideration.

Looks to me like Perlman is using appropriate terms in re: The Florida Governor.

And this quote by Saad displays his own hypocrisy:
‘These politically correct language initiatives are misguided and harmful. They create highly entitled professional “victims” who expect to be free from any offense, and they engender a stifling atmosphere where all individuals walk on eggshells lest they might commit a linguistic capital crime.’

Physician, heal thyself

And this quote from his blog kinda says it all:
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity (DIE) and the Death of Meritocracy
At the root of the DIE religion is the unflappable and irrational belief that societies must exhibit equality of outcomes on every possible human endeavor. When this cancerous objective is not met, it is presumed that the sole possible explanation is institutionalized bigotry.

Misconstrued like a true FDCist.

10 Likes

I have, several times! Love it and totally agree. It’s like an intense, spectacular dream.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.