"You f*cking nazi pig” Actor Ron Perlman doesn’t particularly care for Ron DeSantis

Originally published at: "You f*cking nazi pig" Actor Ron Perlman doesn't particularly care for Ron DeSantis | Boing Boing

16 Likes

“You f*cking nazi pig”

Weird_guy_this

49 Likes

Ron Perlman is one of those actors who frequently gets cast as big tough regressive Alpha-male figures, like the violent racist* leader of the titular biker gang in Sons of Anarchy, so sometimes he has the misfortune of attracting fans who assume he is a neoconservative dick in real life too.

It’s always fun to see those fans’ reactions when he sets them straight with comments like this.

*(But marginally less racist than the other gangs, so it’s all good!)

48 Likes

He also played a guy who enjoys punching Nazis very hard:

52 Likes

Oh boy, I shot that up to the big screen so’s to enjoy it more’ly. Thank you.

26 Likes

Yesss…

DeSantis definitely needs to face the Right Hand of Doom.

(I’m imagining a kind of Kermit the frog/Muppet scenario, but you imagine whatever makes you happiest)

22 Likes

You know, that’s going bring the “happies” to my face.

14 Likes

See the source image

14 Likes

I’ve always liked Ron Perlman.

And I shared this on the other Nazi thread today, but this is even more relevant.

From the Hellboy RPG corebook I just got.

43 Likes

Hellboy bringing the Fist of Doom down on Governor Chucklefuck is a movie I’d pay to see.

26 Likes

I just watched Dennis Baxley’s statement. Holy fuck he is so full of shit.

7 Likes

He’s been working in the business for quite some time now.

His comedic timing is excellent.

12 Likes

/massages temples

If a child identifies as gay and sees themself as a celebrity, wonder no longer: that child is as gay as the day is long, and nothing you do can keep them from our sparkling clutches.

13 Likes

He’s a consummate professional actor and by all accounts a decent human being.

Anyone willing to undergo 4 hours of heavy makeup just to make a charity appearance for a child is a good person.

31 Likes

I can think of only two actors who have logged more time under heavy makeup: Lon Chaney and Doug Jones.

9 Likes

I did not know he was in that!

3 Likes

Having just watched that video myself, I think you are onto something, and this is just the horseshit of someone who knows they’re a nice person and so is perplexed at the pushback against their simple, innocent wish that gay people would just go away.

The instinct is to just yell at these people, since they know full well that they are bigots. But in a setting like this, I half wish someone would engage them on their own terms. Like, OK, let’s pretend we believe that normal kids are being pressured to come out as gay; can he please spell out, on record, why that’s bad? Because that is what he is explicitly wishing on queer children. And unlike his fictional straight kids forced to come out, queer kids actually are tortured into hiding their identity. Like, in real life.

Merely pointing out that he’s a piece of shit kind of lets him get away with the “I’m just a confused old grandpa” pose, which he doesn’t deserve to.

11 Likes

Rebecca Romijn - The Mystique full body makeup was a nightmare apparently

And, to be on topic, Ron Perlman has repeatedly show himself to be one of the good ones (two of the good ones by size)

15 Likes

Hardly the problem for Jon Voight, though. /s

the big bang theory sheldon GIF

13 Likes

I could imagine!

On that note, Perlman had a story about the shitshow Island of Dr. Moreau production in the 90’s. He had a day where he had to go under full makeup, several hours in a chair, not fun. Then the director cancelled the scene he was supposed to be in. Perlman was livid. Something you just don’t do to actors who go through that kind of torturous preparation.

15 Likes