You Have To Fucking Eat (from the author of Go The Fuck To Sleep)

[Permalink]

2 Likes

I guess this is why I don’t have kids, because my response would be, “okay, bitch, go hungry.”

1 Like

So when do i get the morgan freeman audiobook version?

4 Likes

That’s pretty much the best approach; they’ll eat eventually.

1 Like

I liked it better when “Fuck” was considered a pretty nasty word and implied a great degree of emphasis. Now it’s like saying hello.

8 Likes

You want to bet?

I once went four days without eating when I was 3, with my mum trying to give me the same meal every time. I still have an automatic vomit reaction when i try to eat any boiled green vegetable, no matter how well prepared it is.

2 Likes

I found that the best way to get my kids to eat broccoli is to call them “dinosaur trees.”

8 Likes

You would be shocked by the sheer bloody-mindedness of a 3 year old. You think a mere few days of hunger is a problem when the alternative is broccoli? or, god forbid, ASPARAGUS?

All non-parents think they won’t crack. They all do, eventually.

2 Likes

Because: Lemurs

1 Like

…aaaaaand, on the fifth day, what?

Or the spouse does, leaving the other to gnash their teeth.

3 Likes

We introduced our son to the widest range of foods that we could while he was still young enough to not give a crap what was put in front of him. The only things we know of that he really doesn’t like are chicken and spicy hot stuff.

2 Likes

True: you cannot out-stubborn a toddler.

1 Like

You do not like green eggs and ham?

3 Likes

Please tell me Samuel L. Jackson will record the audio book of this one too.

Also I love that breakfast consists of a plate of toast, sausage, huevos rancheros, and, um, gumdrops? With a bowl of Cheerios. Is this a child or a hobbit?

3 Likes

no, some of em wont.

ask me how i know? 8 years later, every meal is an hour long fight, and if he does NOT eat, maybe 3 meals in a row? it’s off to the ER for an IV.

theoretically both kids do not like “spicy” food, but my daughter loves smoked pepperoni.

My son, despite loving ham, turkey, and dripping-red-roast-beef as a solid-food-introducing baby, now subsists on bread, cheese, noodles, cheesy noodles, jelly sandwiches, and "burgers – which are buns with cheese “no onions or pickles or meat” as he says. :::sigh:::

that said, the book looks hilarious, and I will soo totally buy it.

1 Like

Eh. Some things are not improved by a sequel.

1 Like

I’m bored

but I don’t want to do that

My mum gave in, in a way. I had a month of bland food and no treats as punishment, but I didn’t have to eat the boiled veg.