You should listen to more Shakey Graves

No, was talking about Shakey Graves. Were you replying to me by mistake? John Hurt’s been dead since the sixties.

I’ll take a deep breath and chill out then :slight_smile:

Thanks for the even-handed response to a sarcastic overreaction on my part :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whenever I see a recommendation like this, I start digging for my old ‘The Band You Like Sucks’ t-shirt.

But this guy has some talent, and would be one of my local favorites if he was from my town and playing around. It’s kind of a tough row to hoe being the sincere solo songwriter, though. John Hiatt did alright with it, and this guy might grow into a pretty good act. I think he would benefit from being in a band, since his musicianship is alright but not flashy like a Doc Watson, Norman Blake or John Hartford.

I’m not at all knocked over, but he might develop into a really good songwriter. If he can inject a bit of a sense of humor I think he would be worth following. Will be checking in from time to time to see how he goes. Thanks for the recommendation, Seamus.

Dearly Departed hit pretty high rotation on CBC (whatever in hell that really means lol) a couple few years ago. Love his stuff!

These are all covers but I like this harp guitar:

Interesting guitar player, but then he started singing. Tired sounds.

Wait a sec…I’m a little slow.
Did you just tell @StVincent to listen to St Vincent? Or were you being flippant?

1 Like

Excuse me? One musician being better (which is, of course, totally debatable) doesn’t make another musician worse. Get a grip, son.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.