You Tube Genres You Didn't Know Existed

These are the only Buzzfeed videos worth watching imo. :slight_smile:

They have expanded much past buzzfeed.

Which is good. Because it is obvious they keep on trying to find a social group of people that matches the people they have working already in their office, so they can churn out ever more videos.

Some of those ā€œIrish peopleā€ are a little dodgy. The gal with the half irish/half LA accent ā€œreactingā€ to American food. ORLY.

1 Like

RHNB is oddly satisfying. I already know more about old Mac keyboards than I should, so Iā€™ll skip that, though. Pre-ADB keyboards blew.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to find more about the IIGS, because frankly itā€™s a good system apple killed off purely because it wasnā€™t mac.

2 Likes

I tried watching Dr. Katz on youtube, but it wasnā€™t a very good print, the image kept shaking.

5 Likes

The IIGS was a remarkable system, you could NetBoot them off an AFP server with LocalTalk cables, which was amazing for the time, though Apple was wise to put their focus on one platform (and focus on using the M68k which had better perf than the 6502 based arch of the IIGS, and more importantly had legs).

2 Likes

Videos of people sneezing. I donā€™t actually recommend it, just mildly impressed they exist.

7 Likes

Whoa. Why that is indeed a thing, is a pretty pointy question IMOā€¦

One the likes of Mike Moore, Noam Chomsky, and sociology PhD candidates everywhere could chew on pretty hard, I bet.

4 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s a Youtube genre, but there are tons of multi-hour spaceship audio tracks:

Want to listen to the Millennium Falcon all day?

How about the Enterprise?

Pretty much every sci-fi ship out there has one at this point, usually multiple.

15 Likes

How is that a thing? Do they plan the sneezes? Do they just whip out a camera when they feel one coming on?

3 Likes

Most seem to induce with pepper or or powder. Some seem to be adept at tickling critical parts of their breathing passages. For some it seems to be a sexual fetish, for others just an enjoyable sensation, and for others they like to challenge themselves to see how long they can hold out. Me, Iā€™d like the brain cells back that got hijacked to store this knowledge. But since I canā€™t unlearn, at least I can spread the awareness :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Gee, thanks! :upside_down:

4 Likes

Destiny is especially soothing to work toā€¦

6 Likes

Yes. Yes, I do.

7 Likes

Aaaah, the plaintive teenage cry: ā€˜Thereā€™s no food in this house! Justā€¦ ingredients!!!ā€™

6 Likes

Time spent with SpongeBob is never time wasted.

2 Likes

I still go to my momā€™s house, open the pantry, am like, ā€œWhat the hell?ā€ Itā€™ll be like 10 jars of heart of palm that she got on sale at Big Lots, 2 cans of some weird kind of soup she got into a year ago and now she just has the remainder, a bag of rice, and some dried beans. I canā€™t figure out exactly what she eats, but since she is perpetually on a diet, it seems to involve mostly oatmeal and shake powders.

@dave_b I like this. Makes me happy to see the rust come off and shiny new stuff appear.

I also like the videos where neatfreak people show you how they clean their house because itā€™s like someone pulling the curtain back on the magic trick to me. It also seems like a ton of work, so itā€™s a lot easier to just watch them clean their house on a YouTube video than put in the effort for my own house.

10 Likes

Also, the miniature food thing is very fun:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=miniature+food

5 Likes

Have you seen the DIY candy kit videos?

5 Likes

?? :confused:Okay that one is also very strange.

1 Like