Your favorite cover songs

Went down this rabbit hole from triple j and their Like A Version series…so many good covers. Here are my faves:
Baker Boy covers Blur - Song 2. This is a fast paced, really fun one that Baker Boy definitely makes his own.

Hermitude ft. Jaguar Jonze covers Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box. She has great vocals.

1300 covers Psy - Gangnam Style. I love the way they handled the vocal FX…watch the teamwork by the right singer at 55 seconds.

4 Likes

I use their cover of “Elfen Lied” OP as my ring tone.
I was wondering if they are still around, and well, two years ago they came out with Ghibli album:

4 Likes

Today I learned this exists.

That time Tom Jones and David Gilmour covered Purple Rain.

5 Likes

A cover in the loosest sense of the term, more of a transmogrification of the epic Cramps tune…

… and there’s a live version here

2 Likes
3 Likes

Ho-lee crap. Exactly what I needed tonight. Thank you.

2 Likes

Since Nickelback was mentioned so recently, I must:

5 Likes

Oh wow…I have some version of this in my memories, but it’s been covered so many times that I can’t find it. The distortion of time mean I may never find it…

2 Likes

Roger Daltrey is wandering around the US in small venues, his set list includes some covers.

The last big Who tour tickets were nuts, he’s at a small amphitheater near us, I can get decent tickets for 40 bucks.

He still sounds good.

5 Likes

Del McCoury Band - “Nashville Cats”

1 Like

The Chaka Khan Tiny Desk post led me to discover this sizzler:

2 Likes

I don’t usually watch the Idol shows but this showed up in my news feed.

Everyone on stage is extremely talented, I also love hearing their accent as they’re singing.

There’s so much talent around the world.

1 Like

The Bygones - “Everything’s Made for Love”

2 Likes

Oh! they’re coming to ATL in December… well, Decatur at Eddie’s Attic! They seem delightful! Might be worth dragging my ass out to see them!

2 Likes

Jefferson Jones - “Domino”

2 Likes

Possibly a cover of a cover. I love how insane this version is.

4 Likes

Blimey!
I’ve loved XTC for years, but had no idea this existed.
Wonderfully wacky and weird.

2 Likes

Not xtc, but in a very similar loony disco vein:

2 Likes

Ooh that reminds me have we posted this?

Or

Or

Or

Does Robyn covering himself count?

And I just stumbled across this awesomeness:

2 Likes

Paul Simon / Simon and Garfunkel Covers

2 Likes