Your fingers sure look tasty to this battery-powered mini chainsawy

Originally published at: Your fingers sure look tasty to this battery-powered mini chainsawy | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I can’t decide whether to buy this or a Wüsthof for thanksgiving dinner.

11 Likes

I don’t imagine a saw this size would have much kickback, but if it did…sheesh.

4 Likes

Could there AT least be a bit of shrouding around the left and right sides so you can brace with another hand at times? If it kicks back at all…yeeeeeeesh.

On the plus side, one step closer to…
come at me bruce campbell GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

20 Likes

Is “chainsawy” a typo or intentional? Cause it’s kinda cute.

12 Likes

I dunno, I think I might like it better as an adverb.

10 Likes

Never had the urge to go all chainsawy on someone’s ass?

12 Likes

I’ve got the table saw version (somewhere…) which is very nice to work with:

10 Likes

That’s chainsawly. Chainsawy is an adjective.

10 Likes

I got this bad boy for my branch trimming needs:

Great way to keep your fingers.

4 Likes

Nothing like a bit of Big Clive to get you more interested in something than you ever expected!

2 Likes

When your resume goes from software dev management to non-profit communications, to power tool marketing…

7 Likes

Buy one DVD with really good templates and you’re set for life…

5 Likes

With its NanoBlade technology, Bosch aims to revolutionize the DIY market. At the heart of this concept is a sawbar with a revolving micro-chain, which should eventually make sawing easy enough for anyone to master.

I have written some amount of ad copy over the years, but I don’t consider myself a copy writer in the slightest. But compared to whoever Bosch has emitting content for them… GPT2?

I know. I feel that as an adverb it both rolls off the tongue better, and has more linguistic depth to it.

3 Likes

Big Clive dismissed the gloves as being useless (I scanned the video and didn’t see him testing them but didn’t watch the video in realtime), but they could actually work on the same principle as chainsaw chaps. Chainsaw chaps aren’t cut proof. Instead they are made with fibers designed to jam the saw, and the gloves might be able to do the same thing - well, enough so that your fingers might be attached enough to sew back on or some such.

4 Likes

Chainsawly is a new Silicon Valley startup that’s like Uber but for chainsaws. They don’t actually have any chainsaws, or any real way of generating revenue, but they produce a lot of crap that looks like this:

13 Likes

I don’t see any ‘engineering’ on that little graphic. And as a long-time low-key Bosch fanboy, that bothers the piss out of me.

5 Likes

“Give me one moment, please, while a try to find my index finger and make a quick trip to the ER to have it reattached.”

Put it in a freezer bag and put that into another freezer bag with some ice. Avoid direct contact with ice.
Some first-aid kits come with special containers for that sort of thing.
If none of this is available, store it in your cheek. This takes a certain amount of self-control, not always a given in a state of shock.

4 Likes