Rad mini chainsaw gets it done

Originally published at: Rad mini chainsaw gets it done | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Looks just perfect for those artful people who do ice and wood sculptures too.

Amazing quality guide plate chain achieve a deep quenching, more wear-resistant, smooth cutting.

I like me a deep quenched saw.

…an uninterrupted cutting session lasting up to 6 hours long

Just try it and let me know how you go. Would be surprised if you could run that motor uninterrupted for 3 hours even without cutting anything.

7 Likes

Bosch makes a little one - does not sell it in USA, but Amazon DE will send it:

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/BOSCH-AdvancedCut-Cordless-Battery-06033D5101/dp/B07C54RP1C/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2KT6I9Q0C7JYT&dchild=1&keywords=bosch+kettensäge&qid=1612139329&sprefix=Bosch+chain%2Caps%2C231&sr=8-3

More of a chainsaw is Milwaukees M12 small chainsaw:

3 Likes

Alas, the 1-star Amazon comments for what might otherwise be quite a useful home-orchard tool seem far more believable than the 5-starred fresh-from-the-troll-farm drivel… :frowning:

5 Likes

Does it have a mini bolter attachment?

7 Likes

Does it come with a home suturing kit?
"left hand holds the work while the right hand cuts it’

In all seriousness, I would LOVE one of those that actually worked.
It would be perfect for my apple tree that I have been ‘pruning for height’ for about a decade.
Waving my 14" bar Stihl around while standing on a ladder has finally become a bit too dicey for this old boy.

9 Likes

I have a petrol powered telescopic chain saw on a whipper snipper motor. That thing must get about 16 feet and it works way better than you’d expect. Blade is probably 10 inch.

1 Like

Needs more reach.

4 Likes

lots of extension pole chainsaws. If you want a good one, guessing you might since you have a Stihl saw, I’d get Ego or Makita, but DeWalt and Milwaukee have them too, even lowly Roybi has them. If I needed one I’d get the kind with a changeable head so you can use other attachments for other jobs.

2 Likes

seems like a larger version of this (which I want!):

mind the horrible background music…

1 Like

Perfect for learning to juggle!

4 Likes

For the overly thorough review of the wee Bosch Easycut, hard to go wrong with AVE:

I wonder how it’s larger cousin in the original article would stack up, sturdier one would hope?

6 Likes
  1. It doesn’t appear to have any safety features that a regular chain saw has (brake, anti-kickback bar).

2. A reasonably sharp hand saw would cut through all those branches in 10 strokes.

2 Likes
1 Like

These are fantastic against Feral Ghouls, and other enemies that close to melee distance really quickly.

4 Likes

Or a billhook in 10 whacks

1 Like

I think I see what you did there. And, does it chooch?

2 Likes

The advert/listing for that is hilarious.
A chainsaw on an indoor ficus? Really, FFS! You can prune most of those things with scissors. Secateurs at worst. Does she want to chop it down in her lounge and shout ‘timber’?

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 13.23.31

6 Likes

Good to see I’m not the only bastard that enjoys AvE.

3 Likes

I hear it’s really satisfying using it to open packages.

5 Likes