"Your reckless words put my family in danger" — Jimmy Kimmel threatens Aaron Rodgers for connecting him to Jeffrey Epstein

Originally published at: "Your reckless words put my family in danger" — Jimmy Kimmel threatens Aaron Rodgers for connecting him to Jeffrey Epstein - Boing Boing Kimmel Threatens Legal Action Against Rodgers Over Epstein List Claim

9 Likes

Aaron Rodgers cementing his legacy as a fucking asshole.

27 Likes

Does not require CTE to be a conspiracy minded asshole. Just a conviction of your own superiority.

16 Likes

That’s not going to fly here, we don’t assume people’s medical / mental conditions.

He’s just an asshole.

12 Likes

20 Likes

It’s depressing how regularly this seems to be the play from certain quadrants of the political spectrum.

1. Deliberately and cynically seed misinformation about popular figures you want to tarnish – ideally somewhere with zero accountability, because no one with any sense whatsoever takes the fora in question seriously (4chan, Truth Social, etc) and the sources can hide behind untraceable usernames.

2. Some number of famous people are bound to be True Believers who will ingest all this information and then regurgitate it in a somewhat more mainstream media outlet.

3. Now it has entered the popular discourse, and even if it’s unprovable or actually disproven it will always linger in people’s collective memories. (I remember people saying that so-and-so might be a pedophile…)

Lather, rinse, repeat. It’s maddening.

20 Likes

I don’t understand how is his family in danger now after Rodger’s lie.

1 Like

They get death threats and swatting

20 Likes

I don’t like that the transcription of the tweet says “asshole,” when the actual tweet is made funnier by Kimmel’s deliberate use of “Aasshole.” That smacks of the sort of editing and softening of Trump’s lunatic rants that news outlets do, which is how you get ants. I mean, fascists.

9 Likes

What Lion said. All it takes is one person delusional enough thinking of attacking Kimmel and his family would some how stop some pedophile ring or some BS.

17 Likes

Yeah I wasn’t accounting for the qanon angle. Thanks.

6 Likes

Yeah. This list disclosure is going to be horrific to a lot of people. The vast majority of people on this list are likely not guilty of anything regarding the child sex trade, but simply being on it is going to be enough for the qanon crowd. I suspect there’s going to be a lot of violence coming off this as it’s going to “prove” a lot of people’s theories about secret democratic pedophile cabals right.

3 Likes

Episode 2 Baseball GIF by The Simpsons

6 Likes

I forget is this the rich Aasshole who stole from the children’s charity (like Drumpf!) or the other Aahole? So many sh!theads, so little time to forget them all.

3 Likes

That was the other former Packers quarterback. This is the one that went anti-vaxx and started taking Ivermectin. He is not a smart person.

7 Likes

On the one hand, yes. On the other hand, once we find the list contains some names they rather it didn’t, then no. On the other other hand, they’re already naming names without a list so I guess nothing really matters?

I mean they already believe this without evidence, and those that don’t won’t be convinced by any evidence either way.

4 Likes

Oh, THEIR people’s names on the list will be activist judges lying. OUR people’s names on them will be evidence , signed off by the court, that those people are pedos.

6 Likes

I know others have already answered you, yet I feel compelled to chime in:

It’s called stochastic terrorism.

14 Likes

You mean Bart Star? Wait no, some other guy, moved to Mississippi when he retired… :thinking:

1 Like

Good news!

fingers-crossed-17
A girl can hope…

5 Likes