You're in for a surprise with the secret ingredient in Tsingtao beer

Originally published at: You're in for a surprise with the secret ingredient in Tsingtao beer | Boing Boing

3 Likes

5 Likes

Surprise?

I thought that was a given.

8 Likes

So it really does takes like it :thinking:

12 Likes

The cycle was complete.

10 Likes

Pissing in the grain before it’s washed, processed and fermented?

Insignificant compared to the weight of insect eggs and bits and stuff.

14 Likes

More proof of the old saying, “You don’t buy beer, you rent it.”

12 Likes

Psingtao Beer, eh?

15 Likes

I had one last night!

2 Likes

I wonder how his compensation package compared to his rents. This is the kind of costs companies need to start considering when they ‘cut costs’

4 Likes

I bet someone’s getting a few demerits in their Chinese Social Credit score today.

7 Likes

Always thought it tasted like piss, now I know why!

Yes, yes, inexpensive beer tastes like urine, very funny. As funny as it always has been. For the people working hard to produce it every day. So funny. ಠ_ಠ

Urinating into the ingredients isn’t, uh…advisable, but given the process of making beer, and the probable quantity of contamination compared to the ingredients contaminated, I wouldn’t worry about making anyone sick. It’s boiled, then fermented. There’s way worse than one man’s urine in a lot of grain silos. The alcohol is much more harmful than anything that made it into the boil kettle.

4 Likes

I don’t think of Tsingtao as cheap beer, tbh. (Nor do I think it tastes like piss, I actually quite enjoy it)

2 Likes

It’s vastly superior to big-brewery Yankistani crap. It has character and complexity, unlike that swill.

0:27-0:38

3 Likes

I heard that in Darth Vader’s voice.

3 Likes

Somebody hasn’t tried Chisianau brand beer yet. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

“It has character and complexity”

And now it also has urine

Thanks - I hadn’t noticed that in the article.

1 Like

You are correct.