"You're too sensitive" is the most annoying phrase in America, beating out "No offense, but..."

Originally published at: "You're too sensitive" is the most annoying phrase in America, beating out "No offense, but…" | Boing Boing

12 Likes

“I appreciate you,” from people who clearly don’t.

19 Likes

Another way of saying “you’re too sensitive” is “I’m too much of an asshole”.

35 Likes

If someone says ‘you’re too sensitive’ it usually tells me that person knows they are being an asshole, and that they just don’t care.

Sociopaths are far more prevalent than just ‘one in ten’, IMO.

@LordInsidious

Jinx; I owe you a coke.

31 Likes

I will use “friendly reminder” at times instead of my preferred “did you forget about this very important thing or are you intentionally ignoring me?”

27 Likes

“Before we go, does anyone have any more questions?”

The person that puts their hand up so you can’t leave.

There a word for that?

20 Likes

Showboating?

7 Likes

Attention seeker.

10 Likes

X Factor Reaction GIF by X Factor Global

“Yes, I love meetings! Don’t you?”

10 Likes

A friendly reminder for future reference: as you are no doubt aware readers often expect coloring of a map to reflect geographical distribution of the phenomenon being discussed when a map and statistics are presented.

(seriously, though, take two regions with identical percentages and give them wildly different colors; while making the second-lowest region the lightest color? That’s some ‘I don’t even want to risk contaminating my copy of The Visual Display of Quantitative Information by hitting your fool head with it’ level graphic design.)

24 Likes

Apparently the south and NE are in a passive-aggressive Cold War.

22 Likes

Or they’re forming a passive-aggressive alliance and are about to annihilate the midwest and west with some stealthy sarcasm.

14 Likes

Yeah, right.

7 Likes

Closing out a lengthy email with this gem:

“Please advise.”

8 Likes

“Agree to dissagree” sets me off.

8 Likes

Ooo, I LOVE that one!

3 Likes

If they are, it’s probably through me, since I have family in both places (and currently live in the south).

5 Likes

“You have to be thick-skinned to work here.”

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe this place is run by assholes.

9 Likes

The only good thing about people using the “I’m not angry” move is that it flows neatly into “well, now I am.”

2 Likes

I’m assuming that “could have been shorter” is deemed incorrect advice 100% of the time?

3 Likes