YouTube jackass sentenced to prison for giving homeless man an Oreo filled with toothpaste

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/03/youtube-jackass-sentences-to-p.html

3 Likes

Something tells me this isn’t the last we’ll see of “I was only pandering to the absolute worst attributes of human nature” defense…

39 Likes

Now if they’d just lock up Ryan MacPherson and Daniel Tanner who were probably the source of this garbage behaviour.

2 Likes

A judge sentenced ReSet to 15 months in prison but it’s not likely he’ll spend any time behind bars because Spain usually gives first-time non-violent offenders in a suspended sentence, according to the Times .

How is causing someone to vomit and risking their health a nonviolent offense?

19 Likes

Wow… what a real piece of human garbage.

9 Likes

Probably because he had money and paid judge said money. Aka capitalism.

1 Like

this happened in spain not america :wink:

6 Likes

I could see a charge of attempted murder…

Or at the very least, depraved indifference.

15 Likes

Bribes in other countries aren’t unheard of from what I’ve heard. The Girl with The Dragon Shaped Tattoo is literally based on bribes in Sweden.

Since “it’s not likely he’ll spend any time behind bars because Spain usually gives first-time non-violent offenders in a suspended sentence”, I would have preferred (if it were an option) the judge to sentence this guy to a couple hundred hours of community service helping the homeless (working in a soup kitchen, perhaps.)

17 Likes

It is unfathomable to view this as entertainment. What the “F” is wrong with this guy?

16 Likes

Kind of reminds me of that deplorable kid youtube ‘star’ who went to the Suicide Forest in Japan and laughed at dangling corpses.

14 Likes

With restricted access to toothpaste of course

8 Likes

52%20AM

13 Likes

Maybe have him stick to dish duty. Most folks who volunteer at “soup kitchens” actually want to interact with and serve people.

10 Likes

Might be another thread, but I feel like the population who is plugged into the passive voyeuristic consumption of varying degrees of intense media made available streaming online (not to mention the dark web), as well as the active participation of the virtual realms of violent video games has a degenerative, desensitizing effect on the psyche with increased exposure to it. If we gamify the world like we do in capitalist societies, where these reward systems are fostered, then with the addictive desire for increased intensity of this media will reach the law of diminishing returns and content creators and viewers will crave more garbage material to whet their sordid appetites. Objectification of human life is inevitable if it means more likes and hits and attention at the expense of others.
This is all coming from my own subjective experiences being exposed to the game Soldier of Fortune and the circulation of Bumfights in my adolescent years.

2 Likes

Exactly. He can clean out the toilets in a shelter, but some one who already tried to poison a homeless person to some extent just for shits and giggles from “fans” shouldn’t be given access to more vulnerable people as a “punishment.”

14 Likes

There’s not much i can say about this garbage person that hasn’t already been said, but seriously don’t be that guy. You never ever know what other people’s life circumstances have been like, don’t be a shithead to those that are struggling and marginalized.

I sure hope this person has learned from their mistake, but probably not.

8 Likes

Better than a cookie filled with toothfuture.

2 Likes

I’m pretty certain that the amount of fluoride involved is way, way below lethal dose. Ren’s obviously a callous asshole, but charging him of attempted murder or even depraved indifference would be an overreach if you ask me.

2 Likes