YouTube locks Donald Trump's channel

Disagree. I’d rank them Facebook, Youtube, then Twitter.

Twitter has done more to moderate stuff in the past year. Youtube is still struggling to control the indoctrination squad that is trying to pull our children into Yeehadist terrorism. I am deeply concerned about my sons being influenced by what they listen to on youtube by so-called “experts” than I am what they will read on Twitter these days.

Facebook, though, is literally run by fascist loving douche bros who commercialized Yeehadism for profits while working to bury progressive views.

6 Likes

Yeah, kids should absolutely not be given unsupervised Youtube access these days

6 Likes

Imagine if the platforms had cut the grifter off for the same kinds of hateful, anti-democratic, and conspiracy-laden statements in 2015.

11 Likes

Disagree. I’d rank them YouTube, Facebook, Twitter.

More young people are radicalised into the far right via YouTube than other media. They don’t even have ArseBook. I do and I never, ever see any far right politics on it. Just baby pictures and stuff. I do understand that other people do. YouTube though is a poisonous cesspit of autoplay evil.

Twitter is obviously another channel that monetised hate.

8 Likes

Oh, Freddie Hg. Need more rock stars like that nowadays.

I’m not normally fart jokes and Bevis and Butthead type humor. But god-damn that made me laugh so hard my kids had to come up and see what was so funny.

3 Likes

Plus, YouTube is the only one of the three that doesn’t make you read. It’s perfect for indoctrinating semi-literate or illiterate young adults and adults.

I have been waiting four years to use that video. I could have done it for the State of the Union or something, but the timing just didn’t seem right until now.

12 Likes

Impressive shart!

Also: frickin’ terrifying

Also TWIL about this: The Crazy, Ingenious Plan to Bring Hippopotamus Ranching to America | WIRED

Via a blurb for a book set in a fictionalised present with feral hippos general across Louisiana and bounty hunting etc.

8 Likes

What’s interesting to me is that Trump was banned from this platform last, despite the majority of the misinformation supporting him existing on the platform (and some independent ones that are still up…). I’d also be interested in seeing the transcript for this. I don’t like damning based on hearsay.

Waiting for Trump to join Strava.

2 Likes

I think we’ve identified a network worse that Facebook.

2 Likes

While we’re at it, here’s a modest proposal:

1 Like

:+1::+1: highly recommended

1 Like

And for that, we have @orenwolf to thank as well as the users he has promoted to assist in community moderation tasks:

:clap::clap::clap:

8 Likes

Indeed, the moderations here is outstanding. orenwolf is tough, but fair. I realize that it takes a lot of work to keep such a large commentariat from going off the rails.
I also want to give a shout out to the community, who are almost always civil and mutually affirming, even when debate gets heated.

Congratulations to the new Leaders!

5 Likes

I call you a liar good sir/madam/whatever!

That is clearly more coherent and less full of shit than any speech that tRump has ever given!

4 Likes

You’re right. Apparently, I’ve been taken in by a deepfake. It really looks and sounds so much like him, though.

3 Likes

For a while there, I was a proponent of putting new signs on every “Trump” branded property that read, “T***P.”

I’ve revised my opinion.

They should just skip straight to giant, gold letters in the correct font with “TRAITOR.”

4 Likes

I’d have the gold flaking off revealing tarnished metal underneath. What is the cheapest metal currently available?

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.