Zany sheriff does kooky fake ad for county slammer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/20/zany-sheriff-does-kooky-fake-a.html

2 Likes

I would love to see Red Roof Inn hit this idiot with a takedown notice.

3 Likes

sign11

5 Likes

8 Likes

We have a 1 star rating and we’re working to lower that as I’m speaking.

Well gee thanks for telling us that your idea of incarceration is to make it as horrible as possible. It’s not like convicts are human beings with rights or anything.

7 Likes

For some reason, that reminds me of the leg irons that were advertised as being “used on the famous Mr Mandela” as late as 2007.

3 Likes

1 strike and your out, otherwise our quarterly profits go down.

1 Like

I’m sure this dope spends a lot of time decrying government waste and “undeserving” people getting welfare. If the country goes fascist he’s the kind of “conservative” who’ll be tapped as the warden of whatever Theresienstadt show camp they come up with.

2 Likes

Does it have a TripAdvisor page? It should.

3 Likes

I bet this douchebag loves the former Sheriff Arpaio too

5 Likes

Someone should look into hitting him with “misappropriation of funds.” Probably not a winnable court case but I think that’s exactly what this is, a campaign ad disguised as a public service announcement.

7 Likes

Norway’s prisons are basically a spa getaway compared to the ones in the US, yet they have one of the lowest crime rates in the world.

It’s almost as if America’s approach to incarceration is driven by sadism instead of a desire for reducing recidivism.

10 Likes

ftfy my good sir

8 Likes
2 Likes

Studies are pretty clear that even the death penalty doesn’t deter most people who are predisposed to heinous crimes. All this abusing of inmates is really abuse of the guards whose souls are stolen by this moral hazard. And sadists like this guy.

2 Likes

People should not be required to commit crimes in order to gain access to housing and health care and education and food.

3 Likes

I remember watching that documentary and being horrified by the pro-death penalty madman in this clip.

3 Likes

In related news…

https://itsgoingdown.org/keep-pushing-building-operationpush-demands/

Performance art ain’t what it used to be.

Yeah, this is just a stunt and I am not even going to grant it a view. The guy is most likely bored due to lack of real crime, as he should well be.

1 Like