Zardoz vs ET

[Permalink]

I don’t get it. What does Zardoz have to do with ET? Is it just a case of “here’s two things that don’t go together, LOL”? And that’s not even Zardoz, that’s Zed. Zardoz is the giant head.

6 Likes

Don’t you know about the “Vintage Thing + Camp Role = Money” equation?

4 Likes

Oh, I know about it. I help a friend out at comic conventions, so I see a lot of it. It’s never funny, though sometimes at least makes an honest attempt at creating a bad pun.

I just don’t get why it’s on Boing Boing.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s simple:

Painting by Johannes Grenzfurthner.
Johannes Grenzfurthner is a member of Monochrom.
Since 2007 Monochrom is European correspondent for Boing Boing Video.

Personally, I’m faintly disappointed there’s no affiliate link, but what’re you going to do?

3 Likes

What’s the “Vintage Thing” in this particular equation? I’m not referring to Zed and E.T.–there was enough of a time gap that John Boorman’s futuristic epic could have been considered “vintage” by the time Steven Spielberg’s plucky little alien came along–but rather the picture you’ve included.

Diff’rent Strokes meets Knight Rider was, to be more accurate, a crossover. Fun fact: Gary Coleman and David Hasselhoff were the same age * when this picture was taken.

*Not really, but, hey, it sounds good.

2 Likes

Well, I haven’t seen anyone make any money off that image, it’s been out there for a while.

They were only 16 years apart though, which I’d never thought about.

Vintage? The red diaper with suspenders and go-go boots will always be in style!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.