Zelda finally takes center stage in new Nintendo game

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/18/zelda-finally-takes-center-stage-in-new-nintendo-game.html

4 Likes

I haven’t played LoZ in ages, almost right after the first version came out; this just might bring me back.

4 Likes

“In a first for Nintendo’s 38-year-old action-adventure franchise, Princess Zelda will take center stage”

(I wouldn’t want to remember Wand of Gamelon either)

4 Likes

Link can be pretty annoying, I’m not surprised she’s deciding to go it alone:

2 Likes

Bummed they didn’t take the chance to invert the naming convention. Should’ve called it Legend of Link (since Zelda is playable).

8 Likes

The puzzly bits are kinda always my favourite parts of Zelda games, too, so a game that appears to be pretty much all puzzles? (* insert Fry “shut up and take my money” meme here *)

It is dangerous to go alone, but fuck that guy.

3 Likes

After Tears of the Kingdom, there was a lot of guessing about the next name. It seemed a solid guess they’d go with X of the Y, although the community was mostly surprised when they announced that TotK was both 100% done (no DLC) and the end of the series (i.e. no second sequel). It’s funny to see the naming convention stuck though!

Looks good. I look forward to the Zelda amiibo. The LA remake was a great play so will get this…although I won’t buy it because that’s within days of my birthday so I know my kids will.

Still waiting for WW and TP remakes to come out…

1 Like

What I appreciate most about this is that it’s not strictly a standard Zelda game with the protagonist swapped out. How she interacts with the world is different from Link. Less fight, more puzzle.

It’s a tried and true naming convention for the series.
Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Ages, and Oracle of Seasons are fairly good entries in The Legend of Zelda.

Yeah, but why it wasn’t called The Missing Link is a mystery to me. I mean, it was right there, guys.

8 Likes

Makes sense. As the definitely-not-based-on-flimsy-circumstantial-evidence fan theory tells us, Doom guy and Link are the same person; and so Link is probably super busy on Doom: The Dark Ages right now.

i think i’ve mentioned it on boingboing before, but once upon a time a fan did do just that. it seemed a pretty cool way to play the game

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.