Nintendo Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda is available for pre-order and is coming in November

Originally published at: Nintendo Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda is available for pre-order and is coming in November | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I really hope “2022” in that BotW sequel trailer means “January 1 of”. Also, wasn’t there talk at one point of a Wind Waker for Switch? I could accept that as an interim booby prize. Dedicated hardware for Zelda II, not so much.

Oh, I missed the bit about how it actually means 2023

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

If it’s basically a portable NES and not a crappy LCD game, is it really a Game & Watch any more? Regardless, I like it, but MAN does that narrator have a punchable voice.

But I already have the Mario one! And now they want me to get another? Damn you Nintendo, and your wily ways.

I got’s to have it! Pretty cool!
shut up and take my money GIF

1 Like

Instead of the Zeldas everyone asked for (TP, WW, the various old GBA ones), we got Link’s Awakening that has been ported to 5 platforms already, plus the original two which also are on like 4. None of which had any demand.

I’m sure it will sell some for nostalgia buffs, but I’ll just use my Zelda 3DS that already has all 3 (and I have LA on Switch. And GBA color. Twice.). They could have just copied the code to a switch cart for any two of the games, slap a $60 sticker on, and there’d be lines around the block.

…Skyward Sword is mentioned right in this article, and I’m interested in having it. :confused:

Skyward Sword was already announced, and I’m pumped to get it too, although they’ve done almost nothing to it (by their own admission).

The full expectation was that they’d do a port of the other single-platform games, like they did for the Mario anniversary already, and sell it. Sadly, they left that money on the table.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.