ZOMG Did you guys see the first episode of Preacher Season 2?

I miss Reaper. That show really picked up in the last half of the first season going forward.

It had the best TV Satan of all time (No offense Tom Ellis, but Ray Wise was so much more satanic). Not so much a bringer of evil and mayhem as the ultimate enabler.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a rumor among the viewers that the Dog is God, in disguise.

This is likely to be a recurring theme: As master manipulators, Tulip and Cassady mind-control people the old-fashioned way with subtlety and skill, while Jesse causes chaos wielding his superpower like an angry child.

1 Like

Cats outta the bag now! Iā€™ll do it future wise.

Youā€™re idea is the smart one, but it wonā€™t work for the plot, me thinks.

Rise Wise was amazing as Satan, IMO. I just recently saw the original Twin Peaks and it made him just that more creepy.

All good dogs go to heaven, they say.

Oh, of course not.

If it was me who had the power of Genesis, there would be no search for God, and therefore probably no show.

ORā€¦ maybe there would be, and the storyline would just be completely different; say an underdog artist who gets this incredible power, but instead of pissing off humans, angels and psychopathic demons alike, she goes to Washington DC, and starts making certain strong suggestions to just the right peopleā€¦

1 Like

Just sit an IHOP and get free pancakes and coffee all day?

2 Likes

Heresy!

Itā€™s the Country Kitchen or bust!

But seriously, I figure why bother with looking for the ultimate ā€˜absentee fatherā€™ when you can change the world for the better with just a few Words?

The idea of having that much power is actually scary, but Iā€™d have to really work at it to do any worse.

Donā€™t have those here. Looks sorta like Bob Evans which was my kids favorite place to eat.

Or you try that, and you make things worse some how.

1 Like

I can do better than Homer too, methinks.

The one thing Iā€™ve always is lamented that thereā€™s no way you can ā€œmakeā€ others be better peopleā€¦ but what if you could?

Consider Odin Quincanon, a character from season 1 that I hated; imagine if Jesse had said ā€œQuit your job and give away all your money to charity and Cancer research.ā€ instead of just ā€œServe God.ā€

But again, that would be pretty damn boring to watch.

Some days I donā€™t think I can :confused:

Well that shows how much smarter you are than Jesse, because ā€œserve Godā€ can mean a lot of things. Something spelled out better is much more likely not be misinterpreted.

I think it might kind of be like the Monkeys Paw, where the power comes with a price ultimately. But maybe not.

Oh, I know, you just go to like Washington DC, tell the president to do a news conference, where all the tv stations break in, and then tell God to come to you at this address and wait. But, like you said, that would be boring.

Did you catch Tulip is pretty rattled from the Saint of Killers? I mean, it appears she has been beaten up, choked, and threatened with death before. Something supernatural seemed to happen. ā€œHe touched me.ā€ Maybe she didnā€™t mean physically.

Thanks; I spent way too much time as a kid planning out exactly how Iā€™d phrase my three wishes if I ever found a genie.

Yep, I sure did.

Ominous portents?

Or maybe the touch of someone so evil with no soul is just really fuckinā€™ unpleasant.

1 Like

LOL. I know exactly what you mean.

1 Like

You might like

Thereā€™s also this. I havenā€™t seen it.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

No problem. Thereā€™s also

if you havenā€™t seen it already.

2 Likes

I watched the first episode of Deadbeat and kinda liked it, but shortly after that Hulu wasnā€™t free anymore.

That guy reminds me too much of Jack Black, though.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard good things about that showā€¦ and itā€™s Bryan Fuller, who is the American Gods show runner (and worked on Voyager back in the late 90s). And Jasmine Guy is in itā€¦ she needs to be in more stuff, but I think she spends most of her time working on stage stuff here in town.

2 Likes

Der Waffle Haus, of course.

(I see @smulder already mentioned DLM)

3 Likes

I had sort of lost interest partway through last season, but I have enjoyed season two so far.

1 Like

Absolutely my favorite show ever. I took the disks to Iraq, and all the Marines cried at ā€œAlwaysā€. Everyone does.

1 Like