Zuck to Parliament: Drop dead

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/27/sorry-not-sorry-3.html

3 Likes

So, that mean culpa was about as sincere as I suspected then.

10 Likes

Considering that free access to user data is a FB feature not a bug of course Zuck is avoiding having to answer for this practice.

11 Likes

If the real Zuck treats a cross-examination like the version of him that Jesse Eisenberg played in The Social Network, Facebook will not want him anywhere near this.

3 Likes

Did y’all realize that the “Share” button on this post only goes to Facebook?

Guys, help us with some alternatives?

8 Likes

If Zuckerberg had any sense he would have showed up, and let Damien Collins (whoever that is) make a big show of telling him off like a naughty pupil for the benefit of the Daily Mail. These committees mostly exist for grandstanding purposes, so they’d probably have taken that as a win and gone home.

Instead, they’re butthurt, and they need a win more than ever, and now the only way they’ll get it is by actually punishing facebook somehow.

(or rather, by making a non-binding recommendation that will be mostly ignored even if isn’t completely half-baked, since that’s how these committees seem to work)

2 Likes

best typo ever?

14 Likes

Have you seen today’s Christopher Wylie’s evidence to MPs about Cambridge Analytica?

I can’t see any possibility of that not having serious consequences.

5 Likes

will send some flunkies to receive a ritual drubbing from MPs

Another day, another donut.

2 Likes

Well, to be fair, the document requests either him or a senior executive.

2 Likes

Last straw for me. Account deleted, as of five minutes ago. Zuckerberg’s tone-deafness and lack of accountability are not going to change, and he can never be trusted.

7 Likes

Doesn’t for me; only Skype and E-Mail.

Really? Wait a minute, let me try that.

Worth repeating from the original boing boing post that the soul-sucking demon who goes by the name rupert murdoch (in its current form) even attended one of these. Rupert murdoch!

1 Like

Dunno about Skype. The Share link here is as shown for me:

From the actual post though, it’s Facebook only.

1 Like

I too, get twitter, FB, and email for sharing, FWIW.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.