$10,000 audiophile ethernet cable

Probably needs to get audited.

3 Likes

So, that’s a matched-pair, right? With sequential serial numbers? 'Cause I don’t want no random set of two custom drivers.

Also, isn’t there a chance that the drivers might be corrupted by sending them through e-mail? Can I pay an extra fee to have the drivers transferred to an AQ DragonFly and hand-delivered?

2 Likes

Don’t get sucked into buying the electronic air directionizers. Just put a couple of fans behind the speakers and you can pretty much double your volume. I get the oscillating fans, so I can turn on the Leslie speakers for that great Hammond sound.

3 Likes

Sequential serial numbers are known to cause severe advanced audio coupling, unfortunately. The algorithm we use assigns serial numbers based on the specific configuration of the room and the angle of your roof. In this way we can offer fool proof audio advancement integration without the normal moire problems. I am sure you wouldn’t want those kinds of problems when that friend of yours with the big ears comes over for a test listen. Yikes!

6 Likes

It’s a rather special step on the long climb to language fluidity. I smiled a little when it happened to me the first time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Er…right. Giant economy size snake oil, please.

1 Like

“The-Ear” link was priceless and it has the bonus of offering up further evidence to support Poe’s Law. I realised if anyone was to write a subtle parody of the audiophiles it would read exactly like that.

1 Like

Gold! It’s the way you tell 'em…

That only works with fragile bones from chickens raised in the most super-cruel of battery farms though. The higher calcium density in free-range chicken bones interferes with the wave structure at a granular level.

Nah, cos they’ll hear them coming, see?

Pfft. They protect you from iphones, silly.

1 Like

It means that they used seven cats to make each cable.

2 Likes

The only possible scenario I can imagine is if you replaced the banana-jacks with rj45 jacks and ran the analog signal from the amplifier to the speakers using TP cables. Why you would do that, I can’t imagine, but I can imagine some people would do it just for kicks… Heck I’m considering it right now…

I think it’s a scam.

Consider
a 20.0 m interconnect for $8600

500 ft of ethernet cable for $6400

And
a half metre balanced interconnect for $6050 (Add $56600 for the 20 metre variant

a 3ft power cable for $4050

It’s a damn shame, because I was seriously considering picking up a AudioQuest dragonfly to drive my headphones. Now, I’m not so sure.

I had the same experience. Cut open a Cat6 and said “Hey, did somebody mislabel some cat5E? There’s no shielding in here!” but it turns out that once you get the twist right you don’t need any other signal isolation. The Category rating is determined by the electrical characteristics and not by morphology.

I have a 2’ x 2’ x 4’ box of static air that I will sell you for only $16,000 - which a really good price. Make sure you handle it carefully though; I can’t be responsible for any mis-alignment that may occur when you unpack it.

1 Like

mmmm…Banana Jacks. Just look at 'em.

Funny - my first thought was that these are sold to the same asshats that moan about the unfairness of wealth distribution!

As a person who worked on real-time audio over Ethernet, I have no words to describe the amount and depth of idiocy represented by this cable.

2 Likes

For $10,000 you can hire people to listen to the music for you.