30,000 more signatures needed, then Obama will have to take a position on warrantless access to email and texts

If they could integrate it in a way where you press a button and it automatically builds certs (on your local machine), and then uses the certs whenever you send the to someone else who had support, then it would be used all of the time.

Usability factors are a huge issue with PGP that have, more than anything else, kept people from using it widely. We use HTTPS all of the time, because it works automatically. PGP has always required a bearded hacker to set up properly and almost nobody uses it.

I’d like to chime in on the Tea Party thing. This issue of government spying seems like an issue that the Tea Party, the anarchists, and everyone in between can agree is bad. Instead of tearing into each other in internet forums, we need to make common cause on this issue.

Sign the petition. Then write your Congress person (or call his/her office). Keep doing all of these things. We need to make this issue too loud to ignore.

Also, we need to kick every single incumbent out of office in the upcoming elections. Reelect no one in 2014, people!

And you’d trust it?

Good news! Over 20k signatures have rolled in over the last few hours, leaving less than 8k to go. Will it blend?

You’re right: there has NEVER been a peaceful Left-wing protest. Which of course means that not even one of the Occupy protests was peaceful, either. I personally don’t remember any reports of rape or public defecation at Occupy protests, but then I probably don’t consume the sort of media that would headline these sorts of things to the exclusion of the movements’ (be it Occupy or Tea Party) political aims.

On the other hand, and so far as political aims go, I haven’t seen Occupy protests engaging in racial rhetoric in either their signs, their slogans, or their philosophy, whereas the same most definitely cannot be said [of the Tea Party][2].

The Tea Party: our politics may be racist, but at least we clean up after ourselves.

[2]: http://www.thenation.com/blog/175276/ugly-opposition-immigration-reform-comes-back-capitol-hill#[quote=“Salgak, post:30, topic:16227”]
But do NOT take my word on it, look for photos. I’ve conveniently linked a comparison. . .
[/quote]
What a wonderful comparison! I am shocked that Obama’s first inauguration (estimated crowd size: 1.8 million) created more garbage on the mall than the Tea Party’s Restoring Honor Rally (AirPhotosLive scientific estimated crowd size: 87,000). Thanks for that convenient and revealing link!

3 Likes

“Obama will have to take a position on warrantless access to email and texts”

What on Earth makes you think that?

1 Like

This is why you can’t use PGP. If it’s not mathematically provable it’s trash. The JS would be client side, people could inspect it, although it would be hard to spot if google changed it on you.

142,092 right now.:slight_smile:

Indeed. Oranges are rounder and more orange than apples. What a point you have made, as though it had anything to do with the person you were replying to.

Just keep congratulating yourself, you are indeed superior to what you imagine other people to be like.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.