3D printed Dark Knight branding iron

[Permalink]

1 Like

Living in the future can be pretty cool sometimes!

I found a video showing how direct metal laser sintering (3d metal printing) is done. The narration is a little too high-energy-morning-DJ for my taste, but the information is interesting.

1 Like

Not pets or people? Sure. Iā€™ve never seen a cowboy brand a backpack.

2 Likes

Latest moral panic landing in 3ā€¦ 2ā€¦

I donā€™t think I want any of my drunk friend to own this.

2 Likes

(Note: not pets or people)

Youā€™re condoning branding aliens and wild animals?

1 Like

I pity the fool earthling that tries that.

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to wonder about ā€œnerdā€ culture these days. At what point does fellating the product lines of movie studios become tediously mainstream? Obviously this particular item doesnā€™t count since itā€™s not an official item of Time Warner merchandise, but I find myself eye-rolling more and more often at the endless repetition of a few trademark properties as if they are anything other than profit centers.

1 Like

Tonight on CNN, our exclusive coverage of ā€œThe Branding Gameā€.
Witness helpless people randomly branded with logos, by roving gangs of black youth.
It is an initiation in to the ā€œhackerā€ culture.
ā€œHackersā€ seek to overthrow the natural order of the world, and steal all of your retirement money to buy pumpkin spice lattes.

You laugh nowā€¦ but you know this is comingā€¦

3 Likes

Why not people?

Almost all ā€œproduct linesā€ of movie studios derive from other media, Batman included. Except for Star Wars, I canā€™t actually think of any other popular nerd icons that didnā€™t derive from comics, toys, or novels.

Because scarification is an imprecise art that might result in something you want, something you donā€™t want or a severe infection. Tattoos are a bit more reliable. Thereā€™s a reason google images has a whole section subtitled ā€œgone wrongā€ and ā€œinfectionā€ when you search for ā€˜scarificationā€™.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.