A gay guy and his mom go to a brothel, and have a good time

[Permalink]

ā€œThat is the most Americans sentence youā€™ll read all dayā€

Damn! Itā€™s so easy to forget what a weird place I come from. I guess If it werenā€™t so easy to forget, weā€™d all want to try to be less unusual.

1 Like

If I owned that ā€œsleeps 12ā€ bed from the Asian Room, my wife would still end up with all the space and all the covers.

19 Likes

Places like are what give me a bit of hope when it comes to sex being less taboo in the US. Iā€™m generally of the mind that prostitution is never going away - the biological desire for sex is something incredibly powerful. By forcing sex workers to be illegal it removes the ability for them to be protected by society and ā€˜otherizesā€™ them, not to mention the terrible society of pimps that pops up in places like that.

From what Iā€™ve heard, most legal brothels tend to be much better for the workers and the staff. The women arenā€™t worried about being beaten or murdered, the clientele appreciate a much nicer environment, and everyoneā€™s happy. Iā€™m happily married now but when I was single and busy, I would have appreciated having a place to go find some temporary physical intimacy.

9 Likes

ā€œPresident Eisenhower celebrates 40th wedding anniversary. Not pictured: Mrs. Eisenhower.ā€

1 Like

In my case, it would be the catsā€¦

5 Likes

I have a king sized bed and my cat still sleeps on my face. (And I spoon with the dog).

7 Likes

This headline is going to make the Huffing BoingBoing thread a whole lotta fun.

6 Likes

No. The most American sentence is the one that contains ā€œdifferential reverenceā€. Deferential not being a part of the American vocabulary.

3 Likes

$40/day for room and board, and the house gets half the gross? That hardly seems fair. One or the other, maybe.

For some reason Iā€™m picturing a cigar rather than a cigarette.

2 Likes

I picture a long old-fashioned ebony cigarette holder.

1 Like

The phrase ā€œdifferential reverenceā€ reflects the American worship of all things automotive,

2 Likes

You thought that too? I did consider working it in, but couldnā€™t think of anything efficient. Vonnegutian American stereotyping further compounded.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.