A half million people are playing a game on Reddit called the button

Haven’t you heard? Comedy is supposed to offend people!

1 Like

The jolly, candy-like button!!

(A sublimely perfect image choice, I must say. Kudos.)

1 Like

You have 30 days to decided if you want to press The Button. If you do press The Button, you will receive $200,000. But someone you don’t know, and have never met, will die. At that point, someone will come to deliver your $200,000, and will pick up The Button. Then The Button will be given to someone else… someone you don’t know, and have never met…

6 Likes

I curse you for introducing me to this game.

1 Like

This belongs in the great short story post from earlier today! Button, Button

On the plus side after a bit you basically just check in once a day on it.

Great, now I’m going to have that theme song in my head for the rest of the day.

Working together as a big bundle of sticks? I seem to remember some people using that metaphor…

1 Like

You should play Questions… (Evil grin)

1 Like

Shouldn’t you say that in question form?

1 Like

Is the thread leaking? o_0

1 Like

See also:

2 Likes

An unmeasurable condition.

Actually, Matheson was adapting a story that was at already 150 years old. And it’s been adapted many times since then. My two favorite versions are, of course, from The Twilight Zone, and the version done on the wonderful CBS Radio Mystery Theater, back in the '70s. That was a truly astounding series. Back in the golden age of radio, most scripted dramas were 30 minutes, once a week. But CBS Radio Mystery Theater somehow managed to put out an hour-long show, 5 days a week, week in and week out, with a different story and cast every day.

2 Likes

This post reminds me of this:

How would we know?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.