Realtime chart of "the button" game on Reddit

[Permalink]

2 Likes

This reminds me of trying to buy Burning Man tickets this year. I pressed the button two seconds too late. Darn.

6 Likes

once again boing is not only behind the times (and a lot on this one) but missing the point and just posting something for hits. please boot the neckbeards.

Pray tell, what is the point, oh wise one?

1 Like

Wow, 3 posts total, all complaining about how awful the site is. Why are you still here?

4 Likes

I think it might be referring to the nascent culture surrounding the button. It’s quite acerbic.

1 Like

Does your mother know what a fine person you are?

12 Likes

He’s probably just a filthy purple. We all know how those types are.

11 Likes

Knowing nothing about coding, I’m going to go ahead and assume it would be easy to create a process to mind the timer and push the button on your behalf?

… wait, this is when I find out the creators of the button are already selling the app for 99 cents?

Are you trying to get on The List?

2 Likes

Well, it is Reddit, afterall.

1 Like

You only get to push the button once.

Or, “How To Keep An Idiot In Suspense”

2 Likes

Maybe the user requests how late they are willing to “wait”.

Windsinger’s songs have been silenced. Bravo!

This user is suspended until August 21, 2042 6:32pm.

Reason:  name caller

I understand the buttonn, but I don’t understand button-pressers. You only get one shot, and there are more or less unlimited slots above 50s. I won’t settle for anything higher than 10. Then again…

3 Likes

Note to self: set a calendar reminder for 8/21/2042@18:33 to get some popcorn ready as all the trolls’ account bans expire and they come streaming back.

2 Likes

Apparently the Most Useless Machine isn’t just a metaphor.

1 Like

I should pay closer attention to those ban expirations. I think one I saw was for several hundred years.

1 Like

So, are you going to tell us or not?

2 Likes