Realtime chart of "the button" game on Reddit

I guess I have to ask, what happens when the timer reaches zero? Presumably the button just goes away?

With a finite number of eligible redditers, the timer has got to reach zero eventually. There’s surely enough statistical data to make an educated guess when that’ll happen. Anyone want to male a stab at it?

1 Like
2 Likes

Finally had a chance to check out The Button today… And in a mesmerizing 5-or-so minutes of watching, the lowest I saw it go was 50.* (disappeared to quickly to see exactly how low, but it didn’t hit the 40’s). I saw it reset at 59 seconds several times though.

That isn’t a punishment. That’s a motivation to find a cure for death.

1 Like

Sonic the Hedgehog sucks.

Boo!

*Throws things*

1 Like

That’s just the point: everyone wants to make a stab at it.We’ll never know…

Immortal sealions? Egad.

Difference is, if you succeeded you got something that would be enjoyable and add something to your life. This is just a waste of time! This will end. Someone will get 20 seconds, someone will get 10 seconds, someone will get 5 seconds, and then it will end. I doubt that in ten years anyone will fondly look back and say remember that I pushed at 13 seconds. In ten years you would look back and say, remember Burning man, be it a good or bad memory.

Hey, I look back fondly on old internet memes all the time! Remember Mario Twins? Good times!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.