A roundup of Twitter's best 'Green Eggs' Cruz parodies

[Permalink]

1 Like

Much as I love BoingBoing, occasionally a little bit of extra context would help in the posts here. Here’s some for those of us who are living under a rock (mine is shaped like GTA 5!) and had NFI what this post was talking about. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

Uh, so am I to understand that, just like in the book, all of these people will love Cruz in the end?

How does one guy generate so much press? And the more unreasonable and illogical he is the higher his profile and reputation goes. Does not the Bachmann Effect kick in at some point?

1 Like

Thanks for this.

Dear Xeni and everyone else: I know it’s sad, but I pretty much get all my political news from BoingBoing and Hacker News. The lulzy commentary is great, but please also tell me what you’re talking about in the first place!

1 Like

Perhaps his lack of “crazy eyes” gives him a buffer that Bachmann did not enjoy.

2 Likes

After he sees the error of his ways, alters course and attempts to answer for his mistakes like so many other conservatives Republicans do. Ya know, as long as we’re delving into fantasy here. :wink:

I pretty much get all my political news from BoingBoing and Hacker News.

That leaves out a lot of stuff…

Not as much as you’d think. Hacker News is a bit of a firehose; they’re very big on civil rights and cybersecurity news, and even outside of that, most major world events at least get a message.

What’s the url? Is this it? http://thehackernews.com/

Also, I have to say I find the whole filibuster thing to be absolutely, totally bizarre. It’s one thing if you’re up there arguing the points of your argument for the whole time… But the fact that he can be up there reading tweets, giving his kids bedtime stories, etc, is just absolutely crazypants.

According to that CBC article, it “has the appearance of a filibuster, but technically it’s not.” It sounds like he wove references to Obamacare into his off-topic forays so apparently that makes it OK.

So… He’s going to be punished then? For wasting taxpayer dollars?

…
…

Bahahahaahahahahaaha!!!

Dang, almost held it in.

1 Like

Well if he technically didn’t do anything wrong…

(Disclaimer: I know nothing about the US political system.)

What is this I don’t even

Ah. I see the problem. No, it’s here: http://news.ycombinator.com/. It’s been running since 2007, and has (surprisingly effective) moderation policies intended to promote thoughtful conversation and discourage name-calling and content-free memes.

It’s pretty shitty of the guys you linked to steal the name like that, although it seems they want to be clear that they are not “Hacker News” but “The Hacker News (THN)”, since their about page repeats that entire phrase half a dozen times.

1 Like

Thanks for the link, I’m going to check it out!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.