Abandoned Santa parks of the world

[Permalink]

I want Charlie Manx to take me to Christmasland so I can ride the Sleighcoaster forever and ever…

Deeply disturbing. But excellent.

(Saying the photographs came from “every corner of the globe” might be a stretch - only one location is outside of the US)

1 Like

One of the parks mentioned, Santa’s Land in Putney, Vermont, has reopened under new ownership. From reports I’ve seen online, they’re doing their best to keep the park attractions going, though there’s a lot of restoration to be done.

Their website is http://www.santasland.com/ . They’re open this year on weekends through Dec 22.

2 Likes

So. Many. Cristmas card opportunities…

2 Likes

The one in Dundee, Illinois also reopened a few years ago. That park’s history (and the two others in the chain) makes interesting reading.

Got my photo taken with Santa more than once in the Santa’s Village in Scotts Valley, CA (up the road a bit from Santa Cruz) I’ll have to check with my mom next time I talk with her if she’s got any slides from our visits.

Yeah, I just started reading NOS482 myself. Great timing!

Ah, but how many corners on a globe?

Three on mine, but I dropped it.

1 Like

I went to Santa Claus Village several times as a child. Somewhere I have photos of it when it was alive and kicking, circa 1965.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.