All female Ghostbusters cast

Yah, the thought had also occurred to me. I wonder what other elements can also be flipped? The ghosts are busting the humans? Ecto1 drives the ghostbusters? Zuul goes into a fridge? A Gate-loser and a Key-student? She sleeps under the covers, four feet under the covers!

2 Likes

Co-Executive Producer if any of your actual words make it into the final draft. “Creative Consultant” if not.

1 Like

How are they billing it? I haven’t seen any press releases or anything.

'sides which, they’ve picked the cast they did because they want to make money, is all.

Bridesmaids:

Budget
$32.5 million

Box office
$288,383,523

The Heat:

Budget
$43 million

Box office
$229.9 million

That’s a good audience to start with, plus all the extra name recognition from the IP, and even though Ernie Hudson is less than enthusiatic, both Murray and Ackroyd are, which is much more important for marketing.

You’re going to hate this:

3 Likes

The Expendebelles. :smile: I saw an interview with him last night where he was talking about this. I think it’s fucking genius!

4 Likes

Oh, see, I was referring to Holes and how he’s done nothing of any value since then. I consider his anti-celebrity a simple panicked reaction to his plagiarism to change the dialog into something else and still don’t respect him, let alone consider it genius.

This is great, I totally belong in Hollywood if I can fail up that quickly!

3 Likes

Ah, people have mentioned Holes as a good film before but I’ve never had the pleasure.

As for the anti-celeb business, I enjoy all that bullshit, I know it’s not to everyone’s taste. Perhaps I am giving him a little too much benefit of the doubt. If that’s a sentence.

But Fury. Yes please, some more of that.

Also, I seem to be preoccupied with the word ‘genius’. :confused:

I don’t mind him being anti-celebrity, my issue is that he used it to defend his plagiarism and pretend it was his plan all along to be called out on copying someone else’s work.

Yeah, that seems to be de rigueur in the art world at the moment, perhaps he meant it to all play out like that and perhaps he just did what I expect many modern artists do and just winged it. But I like the way he winged it, if that’s what happened.

I do believe we are going to have to agree to disagree on this.

1 Like

See: Exit Through The Gift Shop, Banksy’s take on plagiarism.

I really hate and like that film. It’s very conflicting.

Recently, I was reading some trashy story on Salon, and got hit with an ad for upworthy.

He trashed Hundred of Films in his Career, but 13 years Ago, he angrilly stood up for one

Since hate Upworthy, I’ll add

Spoiler Alert: It’s Roger Ebert, as film critic who described The 400 Blows as

one of the most intensely touching stories ever made about a young adolescent.

But upworthy knows him as someone who “trashed hundreds of films.”

Um, Okay. Maybe some upworthy writers have no taste.

Anyway, ebert is defending the right of asian american film producers to make a film about asian Americans without worrying about whether the movie shows Asian Americans in the best light. That’s it. That’s the shocking News at 11: film lover defends filmmaker’s right to make films.

Ghostbusters had a lot of humor from the (more or less) sleazy male perspective.

I think it would be fun to see the tables turned, provided, of course, that the film holds together, is funny, and is not relegated to the pile of “ill conceived revivals”–like Godfather 3.

4 Likes

Relevant:

Well, it was mentioned in here first so I hope I’m not too off topic.

There should really be an all-female version of Crimson Tide.

1 Like

http://twitter.com/WeBustedGhosts

I love that idea, just can we please expend the total number of expendables? I’m going to need a magnifying glass to see all the faces of the people they have to squeeze onto the poster.

Even Ghostbusters Started Small?

1 Like

Werner Herzog Eats his Ghost

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 752 days. New replies are no longer allowed.