Annoying rally driver coach

Japanese. Because of the pears.

Shouldn’t he be sitting in the back seat?

JUMP! Don’t die! Grab the hammer! Sammy…please please take the ladder! JUMP THE BARREL!

2 Likes

A combination of constant hysteria and pointing out the bloody obvious

Oh, Indian accents are ‘funny’?

I have to agree with the folks saying “Horrible driver, exasperated co-driver” here. I only know a very small amount about rally driving (mostly, what I’ve picked up through various episodes of Top Gear UK), but I know enough to know that this was a horrible, HORRIBLE driver. You can see a number of times where he doesn’t bother listening to the notes, and ends up driving off the road.

That guy was one of the worst rally drivers I’ve ever seen in-car footage of, I think had I been the navigator I’d have said ‘Ok, that’s it, pull over, just pull over right now and let me drive.’

I think you missed the slight irony in my message. I was addressing the fact that I don’t think this would have been posted without the “funny” Indian accent.

Now, listen to co-driver instructions when both the people in the car completely kick ass (and are going waaaay faster): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cnP8rs_nzc

1 Like

I hate to repeat what others have said, but the title of this is just ignorant.

In rally, the driver does not know the course, but needs to drive as fast as if he did know it. More than driving by looking ahead, you have to drive based on what the co-driver says. The co-driver tells you what is beyond your vision.

Failure to listen to the co-driver, or failure to drive based on what they tell you can literally be a death sentence. (It goes both ways, a co-driver calling out a single corner wrong can kill you just as easily).

Labeling this as “Annoying rally driver coach” is the automotive equivalent of labeling a Noam Chomsky talk “Old guy flaps gums, uses big words”

2 Likes

Oh… The end where the driver says “shaddup. Don’t tell me how to drive.” is just comedy GOLD.

1 Like

Plain old white.

Ironically, the pears were the easiest thing to get. I live in Japan.

Yeah, what I’m seeing is a co-driver who could almost certainly do a better job than the guy behind the wheel.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.