Badass Space Dragon 2.0 - Registration

I’m gonna register, I promise!

5 Likes

Volume!

1 Like

The same as always: “'Self-interested cooperation is the basis for all success”

I’m a trader. I’m not emotionally tied to any cargo, so long as it turns a profit.

Is there a bar nearby where we can can get to know each other? Cromulent-7 is a bit of a jump from here.

3 Likes
  1. Muddlin’ Through

2. Lucky

3. Self-interested
    The center of all success
    cooperation

4. David Falkayn, Star Trader

5. Humane

6. Chee Lan, Adzel, and I are all organic. The Muddlin’ Through, however, is nearly sentient.

7. Deferred, please. I like the interest rate – hopefully the inflation rate isn’t as high

8. since I deferred, I don’t think I can. Else, 20%

the sharpie drawing will be along in a few days.

5 Likes

Methinks you mean:

3 Likes

[OPEN TRANSMISSION, ALL FREQUENCIES]

Ah, Falkayn.

Your reputation, at least, precedes you.

I am not overly familar with this system, but I have located a place on Joshua-3 that might make for suitable neutral ground. Come one, come all. The more, the merrier.

Transmitting now…

That said, I wonder what you can have to say of benefit to me. I didn’t get into this business to have any relationships. I don’t want to join your union. Don’t paw at me with your dirty little guild.

I do so hope you won’t be wasting my time.

3 Likes

Just a gabfest so we can learn a bit more about each other. Enjoy some pleasant spirits before it all gets ugly.

Of course, if you prefer to operate with less information than the rest of us, that’s certainly your choice.

-Falkayn

2 Likes

I’m in pursuit of some elusive Quarry which might take a little more time than I thought, so you guys will have to take it from here.

1 Like

Good luck with your Quarry

– but take a moment to appreciate the Beauty.

6 Likes

You can’t come play space because of your book club??

NERD!

6 Likes

Hmph! Lightweight! I’m digging around that same Quarry, plus working a full-time job, plus starting another job, plus harrying the spaceways in a sparkly guitar spacecruiser, plus raising two young children, plus co-writing a screenplay…

(oh god, what the hell am I thinking?!)

3 Likes

Seriously, Smash, don’t use the (somewhat hideous) example of Badass Dragons of the Wasteland to scare you away. Pat runs a much tighter ship, and as he noted in the intro to the first Badass Space Dragon,

Estimated time commitment is no more than 5-15 minutes per day.

And yeah, though you can put more into it than that (everyone certainly knows I will), you don’t have to. C’mon. Play Space Dragons with us!

3 Likes

Heh… I wish that were the case! I’m awful at managing my time, and I overcommit like nobody’s business. I started the screenplay because, honestly, I thought there’d be a couple more weeks to kill before Pat would get BSD started up again! Plus, I thought my new show was going to start at the end of March, not the beginning!

Well, anyway. I’m committed to all that stuff, so I’ll see it through. We’ll miss you out among the stars, but read along if you feel the urge. It’s a hoot and a half.

3 Likes

It’s a little different this time around. I’ve moved to a weekly schedule. It should be easier on everyone and hopefully we’ll have fewer people drop because of time commitment issues.

2 Likes

Should @jlw put out a call for players?

2 Likes

I’ve got time to alight on Joshua Tree.

Funny bit. I always forget it’s got a pleasant enough colony, because I’m still smarting at how the last SPACENAV update included a complimentary copy of the album of the same name.

4 Likes
  1. Name of ship: Audacious Blip

2. Attribute that best describes your ship: fast

3. Description of previous work experience:
    kessel run in twelve
    parsecs are distance not time
    solo a piker

4. Captain’s name: Natasha Fatale

5. Identity Class: Space Moose

6. 20% cyborg? No

7. Bonus: Deferred

8. RNG Greasing: n/a

Sharpie sketch to follow.

10 Likes

I am officially stating an interest.

6 Likes

I will totally watch Natasha Fatale: Space Moose. Somebody commission that show now.

Question: are you able to repair foreign spaceships?

6 Likes

Dollink, Natasha does not repair anytink, she breaks tinks, mostly speed limits.

6 Likes