Badass Space Dragon - Duck's Pond

GM Note: I understand the registration thread closed a little early, if there’s anyone who needed a little extra time to get signed up, drop your Unizone forms here before 6pm (AKST) and I’ll still accept them.

I’ll also post a Rules & Gameplay thread a little later in the week and have the first missions up on next Monday (2/23).

Welcome to Duck’s

“Every Galzaxy has a watiering hole. Yer stuck withhisn.”

Duck, a stocky bull space moose, mops down the counter with a flailing spongerat. No one really knows how Duck got his nickname, it might just be what people yell when he turns his head and those big antlers come swinging around.

It’s not much to look at but everyone is welcome at Duck’s Pond. The drinks here are surprisingly good, probably something to do with the low expectations. Just don’t eat the soup and you’ll be fine.

6 Likes

Phew! I thought I had missed out. I lurked quite a bit last time and it looked like a blast!

Here’s my registration info:

1: The Quattro
2: Fast
3:
just barely on time
very nearly on budget
always such great fun

4: Slaal
5: Space Lobster
6: Yes, waaaay more than 20%. Who in their right mind would choose to be a lobster? I’m actively working on reducing my lobsterness as much as possible.
7: I suppose it might depend on the delay… can I get that part in writing? It seems a good rate of return though. I’ll delay.
8: 10% seems fair to me, 15% if you can get me my funds a little early…

6 Likes

Jacques’ gaze moves slowly and sadly back and forth between the last line of the entry for “Duck’s Pond” in SpaceZagaat and his half empty bowl of soup. Something rumbles, like an untuned afterburner with a cryopump leak but much, much closer to his seat.

7 Likes

1 Like

Looks like Willie the Jukebot has sobered up. He starts the day by playing one for himself.

3 Likes

Hey Duck, hear any word on the whereabouts of that Captain P?

Sure, I’ll take a of finger 8-orbit scotch. Many thanks.

Oh, the chicken? Supposed to trade him to someone who thinks he has info on that Dr. Slike. No, not the trader-he, the chicken-he. This chicken is supposed to know something about what happened to Dr. Slike, but the only fargin’ thing I’ve been able to get out of him is a lot of chickenshit. All over the cargo bay.

7 Likes

Hey… Sir Galaxy, right? I see you’re wearing solar goggles… are solar goggles part of the dress code in here? I can’t see anything.

9 Likes

Another, please, barkeep.

5 Likes

Natasha hope thees “Sharpie™ sketch” not too late…

Edit to add:

Linkback to originating post for Audacious Blip for convenience of @patrace

4 Likes

Anyone care to buy a lady a drink?

I’d like a glass of Chateau de Manos '66, if that’s available.

7 Likes

I say has anyone tried the soup? Tastes like… chicken. And space-oil. Must be an acquired taste.

And what kind of animal has such large feathers?

5 Likes

I’ll order the Virgin Galactic Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster and an assortment of salty snacks (for humans, please). It’s like a regular Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster only more expensive and more potent.

4 Likes

Captain Newlireconstructed wanders over to Willie with his drink (Captain-his, not Willi-his).

"You got anything a little louder in there, Maestro? Some ‘Heavy Metal, perhaps?’

3 Likes

I look over the menu and ask Duck if the mousse is as good as the soup.

2 Likes

Tried to add - made the deadline but the post closed!!! help if you can.
177-15-601-011 Vessel Information *
1.) Name of vessel: Pluck
2.) Please select the attribute that best describes your ship:
lucky
3.) Description of previous work experience in haiku:
From money to captain
awesome experience and win
David beats goliath
Captain Information
4.) Full Name:_Horatio Alger
5.) Identity Class: Space Moose
6.) Are you over 20% on the cyborg spectrum (Y/N) NO
Signing Bonus
7.) Would you like to immediately receive your signing bonus of Ƀ.015 (Space Bits) now or would you like to wait and receive Ƀ.030 as a deferred bonus?
Deferred
8.) How much, if any, of your signing bonus should be applied to greasing the random number generator during the character creation phase? n/a/

4 Likes

Dexter sips on NooJuice, stares expectantly at the juke, then chuckles and rubs the haptic ports behind his ears.

“Hey Willie, I’m in kind of a sentimental mood. What do you have for that?”

2 Likes

Quirky Kumquat sez: Sssssssssss! Thhh-sss, sss! *kkkrrrsthh! (Tap-tap-tap) Is this translator working…your butt?

“I haven’t spent an awful lot of time out in this end of things. Is it just me or are there a lot of space moose around these parts? Is this where space moose come from?”

“That said, I’ll have a Negroni if there’s any Campari to be had. Beard says he likes your rack.”

2 Likes

Got it.

2 Likes

Forgot my drawing. I’ve drawn the old lass in survival mode size. Had to chuck out all the shrubbery you know. Not throwing out my nice blue chair. Old as I am, it is. Old as I am.

3 Likes